Happy birthday KDE Plama 5
The current iteration of the most advanced GNU/Linux desktop environment is five year old today; KDE Plasma 5.0 was launched July 16th, 2014. KDE itself is much older, it's launch date of October 14th, 1996 makes it 22 years old. Plasma itself is also older with the first version being introduced with KDE 4 on 23rd October 2007 - nearly 12 years ago.
KDE Plasma has come a long way since then. KDE Plasma 4 was replaced by the fifth version on July 16th, 2014. This makes the current version of KDE Plasma five years old on this day.
Happy Birthday KDE Plasma 5!
KDE Plasma 5.16 on KDE Neon
KDE Plasma 5 is available as an alternative on most GNU/Linux distributions. It is the default desktop on KDE's own KDE Neon distribution. It is also available on Debian, Manjaro Linux and other leading Linux distributions.
You can learn more about KDE and KDE Plasma technology at https://kde.org/
published 2019-07-16 - last edited 2019-07-16
Latest KDE news
- The KDE Akademy Awards Winners 2020
- KDE Plasma Will Default To Using The Wayland Display Server On Fedora 34
- Qt Could Go Proprietary, KDE Relationship And Qt-Based Free Software In Jeopardy
- KDE Plasma 5.18 Wallpaper Winner Announced
- KDE Video Editor Kdenlive 19.12 Is Released With a New Audio Mixer, Global Effects And Many Performance Improvements
- Krita Gets $25,000 From Epic Games
Latest News Headlines
- How the ACO Mesa Vulkan Shader Compiler For AMD GPUs Came To Be: From Prototype To Default
- Deepin 20 Is Released
- YooA Bon Voyage Plymouth Theme Now Available
- The Current State Of Gamescope