Xfce4-whiskermenu-plugin 2.3.5 Released
The latest version of the optional "whiskermenu" for the Xfce desktop environment has 6 bug fixes and updated documentation. A better fallback value for menu opacity is one of the high-lights in this release.
written by 林慧 (Wai Lin). published 2020-01-19 - last edited 2020-01-20
- Fix saving unchanged plugin title. (bug #15403)
- Fix sidebar scrollbar covering buttons. (bug #14730)
- Fix categories remaining scrolled when hidden.
- Fix incorrect alignment of commands next to search.
- Fix incorrect fallback value for menu opacity.
- Fix incorrect check when setting command.
- Update documentation URL. (bug #16183)
The "whiskermenu" is more advanced than the regular Xfce menu. It has, among other things, a search box and a "recently used" list. Several GNU/Linux distributions like Manjaro Linux opt default to it instead of the much simpler standard Xfce menu.
Stock Xfce menu (left) vs the Whiskermenu (right)
Xfce4-whiskermenu-plugin has a website at docs.xfce.org/panel-plugins/xfce4-whiskermenu-plugin. The source code for the latest release is available archive.xfce.org.
Latest Xfce News
- Thunar 1.8.14 Is Released
- Thunar 1.8.13 Is Released With Unfortunate Bug That Makes It Useless As A File Manager
- Xfce4-screensaver 0.1.9 Is Released With A Critical Security Fix
- Xfburn 0.6.2 Is Released
- Xfce4-whiskermenu-plugin 2.4.0 Greatly Improves The Alternative Xfce Desktop Menu
- Thunar 1.8.12 Is Out
Latest News Headlines
- The Secret Chronicles of Dr. M 2.1.0 RC1 Is Released
- Linux 5.6.2 Is Released With Intel Wifi Fix
- GNOME And KDE Are Merging To KNOME - The Next Generation Linux Desktop Environment
- Second Mini Album "Dear My Color" From Korean Pop Sensation 보라미유 (Boramiyu) Is Released And It Is Wonderful