Xfce4-whiskermenu-plugin 2.3.5 Released
The latest version of the optional "whiskermenu" for the Xfce desktop environment has 6 bug fixes and updated documentation. A better fallback value for menu opacity is one of the high-lights in this release.
- Fix saving unchanged plugin title. (bug #15403)
- Fix sidebar scrollbar covering buttons. (bug #14730)
- Fix categories remaining scrolled when hidden.
- Fix incorrect alignment of commands next to search.
- Fix incorrect fallback value for menu opacity.
- Fix incorrect check when setting command.
- Update documentation URL. (bug #16183)
The "whiskermenu" is more advanced than the regular Xfce menu. It has, among other things, a search box and a "recently used" list. Several GNU/Linux distributions like Manjaro Linux opt default to it instead of the much simpler standard Xfce menu.
Stock Xfce menu (left) vs the Whiskermenu (right)
Xfce4-whiskermenu-plugin has a website at docs.xfce.org/panel-plugins/xfce4-whiskermenu-plugin. The source code for the latest release is available archive.xfce.org.