Xfce4-whiskermenu-plugin 2.3.5 Released
The latest version of the optional "whiskermenu" for the Xfce desktop environment has 6 bug fixes and updated documentation. A better fallback value for menu opacity is one of the high-lights in this release.
- Fix saving unchanged plugin title. (bug #15403)
- Fix sidebar scrollbar covering buttons. (bug #14730)
- Fix categories remaining scrolled when hidden.
- Fix incorrect alignment of commands next to search.
- Fix incorrect fallback value for menu opacity.
- Fix incorrect check when setting command.
- Update documentation URL. (bug #16183)
The "whiskermenu" is more advanced than the regular Xfce menu. It has, among other things, a search box and a "recently used" list. Several GNU/Linux distributions like Manjaro Linux opt default to it instead of the much simpler standard Xfce menu.
Stock Xfce menu (left) vs the Whiskermenu (right)
Xfce4-whiskermenu-plugin has a website at docs.xfce.org/panel-plugins/xfce4-whiskermenu-plugin. The source code for the latest release is available archive.xfce.org.
Latest Xfce News
- Xfce 4.16pre1 Released With Client Side Decorations And Minor Improvements
- Xfwm4 4.14.3 Is Released With X-Resource Extension Support
- Thunar 4.15.1 Brings A Pause Button On Copy/Move File Operations And Much More
- Xfce4-time-out-plugin 1.1.1 Is Released
- Thunar 1.8.14 Is Released
- Thunar 1.8.13 Is Released With Unfortunate Bug That Makes It Useless As A File Manager
Latest News Headlines
- Wine 6.3 Built-in vs DXVK 1.8: A Comparison Of Two Very Different DirectX Implementations
- Linux 5.12 Mostly Restores Long-Horrid AES-XTS Performance Introduced By CPU-Bug Mitigations
- AMDs AMDVLK Vulkan Driver For Linux Remains Horribly Slow At Compute Compared To The Mesa RADV Driver
- DXVK 1.8.1 Is Released With Better DirectX 9 Performance On AMD GPUs
- KStars v3.5.2 Is Released
See the news archive for more headlines