Wine 4.21 Is Released With DHCP HTTP Proxy Configuration
50 bugs are fixed in the latest development release of the Wine compatibility layer for running Windows software on GNU/Linux machines. Several address memory leaks and general fixes. There's also application-specific fixes for Lego Digital Designer, LegoLand and Lego Island 2 - and fixes for Gothic 2, Everquest Classic, Nextiva and Crysis 1 for those who don't play Lego.
published 2019-11-26 - last edited 2019-11-30
Wine comes with it's own built-in web browser called "Wine Internet Explorer".
The high-lights in Wine 4.21 are:
- HTTP proxy configuration through DHCP.
- Parameter block support in Direct X 9.
- More dlls converted to PE.
- 50 bug-fixes.
The complete list of bug-fixes and changes can be found in the very long and detailed Wine 4.21 release-announcement.
Wine's numbering scheme differs from the rest of the free software community where odd numbered releases are development-releases and even-numbered releases are stable releases. The releases stable versions with a single digit (currently 4) and bug-fixes for that stable branch are named y.0.x. Wine 4.0.3, released last week, is the current "stable" version. Wine 4.1, 4.2, 4.21 and so on are development-versions leading up to an eventual 5.0-release. Some distributions, like Fedora and Manjaro Linux, will ship the development branch and the more stable-oriented, like Debian, includes the stable branch in their repositories.
Latest Gaming News
- New Hong Kong Security Law Could Slow SuperTuxKart Development
- Total War: SHOGUN 2 Is Being Given Away For Free On Steam Until May 1st
- The Secret Chronicles of Dr. M 2.1.0 RC1 Is Released
- Wine 5.5 Brings Bux Fixes For Beat Hazard 2, iTunes, How To Survive And More
- Get Tomb Raider For Free On Steam Until March 24th
- Gbrainy Is 2.4.2 Released
Latest News Headlines
- Linux Desktop Market Share Could Have Doubled, Or Stagnated, In Q2 2020
- Firefox 78 Is Released With 14 Security Fixes
- Mstdn.jp Is Back After Hours Of Downtime Due Post Containing Islamic Terrorist Material
- Older Ubuntu Server Version Have Gained Support For AMD Rome Processors