Wine 4.21 Is Released With DHCP HTTP Proxy Configuration
50 bugs are fixed in the latest development release of the Wine compatibility layer for running Windows software on GNU/Linux machines. Several address memory leaks and general fixes. There's also application-specific fixes for Lego Digital Designer, LegoLand and Lego Island 2 - and fixes for Gothic 2, Everquest Classic, Nextiva and Crysis 1 for those who don't play Lego.
published 2019-11-26 - last edited 2019-11-30
Wine comes with it's own built-in web browser called "Wine Internet Explorer".
The high-lights in Wine 4.21 are:
- HTTP proxy configuration through DHCP.
- Parameter block support in Direct X 9.
- More dlls converted to PE.
- 50 bug-fixes.
The complete list of bug-fixes and changes can be found in the very long and detailed Wine 4.21 release-announcement.
Wine's numbering scheme differs from the rest of the free software community where odd numbered releases are development-releases and even-numbered releases are stable releases. The releases stable versions with a single digit (currently 4) and bug-fixes for that stable branch are named y.0.x. Wine 4.0.3, released last week, is the current "stable" version. Wine 4.1, 4.2, 4.21 and so on are development-versions leading up to an eventual 5.0-release. Some distributions, like Fedora and Manjaro Linux, will ship the development branch and the more stable-oriented, like Debian, includes the stable branch in their repositories.
Latest Gaming news
- Wine 6.6 Is Released
- Mesa 21.0.2 Is Released With Minor Bug-Fixes Mostly For AMD Graphics Hardware
- DevilutionX 1.2 Is Released For The Enjoyment Of Diablo Fans
- Linux Steering Wheel Manager Oversteer v0.6.0 Brings support For 6 Additional Wheels
- Total War: Three Kingdoms - Fates Divided Is Now Available For Linux
Latest News Headlines
- Free Software Projects Are Not Allowed To Ask For Donations On The Google Play App Store
- RMS addresses the free software community
- Amazon Has Released OpenSearch, An Apache Licensed Alternative To The SSPL Licensed ElasticSearch Search Platform
- 6250+ Free Software Users Have Signed A Letter In Support Of Honorary Doctor Richard Stallman And The FSF Stands By Their Re-Election Of RMS To Their Board
- 3YE's (써드아이) Lastest Digital Single "Stalker" Has Reached 500k+ Views On YouTube