KDE Plasma 5.16.1 released
The KDE software project has released the first minor bug-fix update for the 16th iteration of the fifth generation KDE desktop. Sleep and Suspend were broken in an earlier release and these fairly essential features now work again. The power management module will also ignore applications requesting power management inhibition when the battery's critical.
In other areas, the Software Manager Discover will now tell you when Flatpak's are being downloaded and KDEs window-manager is again able to use translations and speak the system-configured language.
The full release announcement can be read at https://kde.org/announcements/plasma-5.16.1.php
published 2019-06-19 - last edited 2019-06-19
Latest KDE News
- KDevelop 5.4 released
- Latte Dock 0.9 for KDE Plasma released
- Windows users of KDE applications: Do not uninstall.exe
- It's over, Kubuntu 18.10 Cosmic Cuttlefish is EOL
- KDE Connect now lets you connect your Mac to Android phones and Linux desktops
- Happy birthday KDE Plama 5
Latest News Headlines
- Linux Kernel Disables Coffee Lakes HPET On The Grounds That It Is "Unreliable"
- Linux Distributions Running On Intel CPUs Are About To Get A Lot Slower
- Thunar 1.8.11 "Emergency" Release Available, Fixes Startup Crashes on FreeBSD, Fedora and Gentoo
- Xfce Video Player Parole v1.0.5 Is Released