KDE Launches Plasma Widget Tutorial Website
The KDE team has launched a new tutorial portal for developers and non-developers alike who want to learn how to make widgets for the KDE Plasma desktop environment. The site has many examples and a friendly introduction KDE Frameworks API. It s a nice resource if you want to make your first widget program and you know a little or even no C++.
br>The KDE Plasma clock widget open in the kdevelop editor.
The new KDE Plasma Widget Tutorial can teach you how to make small widget programs for the KDE Plasma desktop environment using examples. It will teach you the basics of the QML language, give you a run-down of the Plasma's QML API and show you how to test your widget so you can see if it works or not.
The KDE Plasma Widget Tutorial is a great resource for both beginners who are unfamiliar with programming in general and programmers who know C++ but do not know anything about KDE.
The new Plasma Widget Tutorial is just a small step in a bigger effort to better document KDE. Several other tutorials are coming.
"It's a steap in the direction of having better developer documentation of the frameworks and Plasma. There is also a kirigami tutorial in preparation and a few others."
You can check it out at develop.kde.org/docs/plasma/widget/.
Latest KDE news
- KDE Is Now Offering A Qt 5.15 LTS Branch Patch-set For The Free Software Community
- KDE Plasma 5.21.3 Is Released
- Kdenlive 20.08.2 Is Released With 17 Bug-Fixes And GPU Accelerated Video Rendering
- KDE Launches MyKDE Identity Service
- Linux Desktop Users Who Use Qt or KDE Software May Want To Hard-Code QT AUTO SCREEN SCALE FACTOR and XCURSOR SIZE
Latest News Headlines
- Thank you FSF for defending Richard Stallman
- 6250+ Free Software Users Have Signed A Letter In Support Of Honorary Doctor Richard Stallman And The FSF Stands By Their Re-Election Of RMS To Their Board
- 3YE's (써드아이) Lastest Digital Single "Stalker" Has Reached 500k+ Views On YouTube
- G'MIC 2.9.7 Is Released
- Lagrange v1.3.2 Is Released