Catfish 1.4.12 Is Released With GNOME and Wayland Support
The graphical file searching tool Catfish has gained support for Wayland and the GNOME shell. All dialog boxes in Xfces "locate" front-end for Linux and BSD use client-side decorations as of version 1.4.12.
written by 윤채경 (Yoon Chae-kyung). published 2020-01-12 - last edited 2020-01-02
Catfish is a graphical file searching tool which uses the systems standard locate database (provided by either
slocate) to produce search results. It is written with the Xfce desktop in mind but does not require it, catfish works fine in any desktop environment including simpler ones like LXQt, IceWM and fluxbox. Wayland support has so far been lacking. The 1.4.12 release has support for Wayland and the GNOME shell.
- Wayland and GNOME Shell support (Xfce #16293)
- All dialogs now use client-side decorations and are modal
- Fixed typo "Catifish"
Release Process Updates:
- Temporary files are now excluded from releases
- Releases now generate .bz2 files and display contents and checksums
- Albanian, Catalan, Chinese (China), Chinese (Taiwan), Czech, Danish, Dutch, French, Galician, German, Italian, Japanese, Norwegian Bokmål, Russian, Serbian, Spanish, Turkish
Major distributions have catfish available in their repositories under a package named
catfish. Its homepage is at docs.xfce.org/apps/catfish/ and the source code for the latest release can be acquired from archive.xfce.org/src/apps/catfish/1.4/. It is written in Python so compilation is not required, it can easily be installed like any other Python program (
python setup.py install --user or
python setup.py install to install it system-wide).
- Firefox 78 Is Released With 14 Security Fixes
- Mstdn.jp Is Back After Hours Of Downtime Due Post Containing Islamic Terrorist Material
- Older Ubuntu Server Version Have Gained Support For AMD Rome Processors
- Glib-networking up to 2.64.2 accepts any TLS certificate as valid for any domain
- New Hong Kong Security Law Could Slow SuperTuxKart Development
- Total War: SHOGUN 2 Is Being Given Away For Free On Steam Until May 1st
- Focal fossa
- Chromium 81 Is Released With Many Security Fixes And Mostly Working Vulkan Rendering Support
- Qt Could Go Proprietary, KDE Relationship And Qt-Based Free Software In Jeopardy