Wine 6.5 Is Released With OpenCL 1.2 And 25 Bug-Fixes
The latest development-release of the popular Windows compatibility layer WINE supports OpenCL 1.2 and additional Internet Explorer compatibility modes in MSHTML. There are 25 game and application-specific bug-fixes.
The new features in Wine 6.5 consists of OpenCL 1.2 support and new Internet Explorer compatibility modes in the MSHTML support (important for corporate users who have an old "Internet Portal" that hasn't been updated since the early 2000s). There's also been some work on RichEdit and WinRT behind the scenes.
25 bugs have been squashed since Wine 6.4 was released earlier this month. Those bug-fixes include a fix for applications rendering graphics in system memory which helps Zoo Tycoon, TOCA Touring Car Championship, The Sims and Conquest: Frontier Wars, a very game-specific audio fix that makes music work in Jedi Knight: Dark Forces II and Outlaws, a workaround for the anti-cheat engine in League of Legends 8.12+ and a general fix that makes a lot of .NET 4.x applications that would previously fail to install due to a lack of
MsiNetAssemblySupport actually install as they should.
You can acquire the source code for Wine 6.5 dl.winehq.org/wine/source/6.x/. Valve will probably add it to their special "Proton" Wine bundle, used by their Steam product, within a week and distributions shipping the development version of Wine will have it pretty soon. Ubuntu is not using Wine development versions. Ubuntu users can only look forward to the this weeks Wine 5.0.4 bug-fix release, but they won't have access to Wine 6.5 unless they manually configure it to use the WineHQ Ubuntu/LinuxMint repository.
Latest Gaming news
- Wine 6.6 Is Released
- Mesa 21.0.2 Is Released With Minor Bug-Fixes Mostly For AMD Graphics Hardware
- DevilutionX 1.2 Is Released For The Enjoyment Of Diablo Fans
- Linux Steering Wheel Manager Oversteer v0.6.0 Brings support For 6 Additional Wheels
- Total War: Three Kingdoms - Fates Divided Is Now Available For Linux
Latest News Headlines
- Software freedom isn’t about licenses – it’s about power
- A New Gigabyte Motherboard WMI Temperature Driver Will Likely Arrive In Linux 5.13
- Nvidia Display Driver 465.24.02 For Linux Is Released
- FSF India Board Statement On RMS Re-joining The FSF Board
- Free Software Projects Are Not Allowed To Ask For Donations On The Google Play App Store