Version 0.4.0 of the KDE-focused Music Player Elisa Released
A new version of the potentially really nice and user-friendly music player Elisa is released. The use of libvlc as a back-end and a context view is new to this release. There are glaring usability-problems and oversights in v0.4.0 and all earlier versions of this player released and we do not recommend that anyone waste time trying to use it as of now. It does have great potential.
We did a full review of Elisa v0.4.0 which you can read here. Short story is that it is missing basic features and alpha-quality at best. That aside, it does look quite nice and we do see it as something which has potential to become a great music player. It's just not there yet.
You can read the release-announcement at https://mgallienkde.wordpress.com/2019/05/22/elisa-0-4-0-release/
last edited 2019-05-23
Latest news headlines
- New Stable Kernel Series Releases 4.4.182, 4.9.182, 4.14.127, 4.19.52 and 5.1.11 Fixes Serious TCP Networking Vulnerabilities
- New Kernels: 5.2-rc5, 5.1.10, 4.19.51 and 4.14.126 released
- KDEs GSOC students are making Good Progress towards Many Exciting Improvements
- The Linux Kernel can Kill Your PC-Speaker
- Xfce Screensaver 0.1.5 Now Available
- Snek version 1.0 Announced for Python-Like programming on Tiny Embedded Systems
- GIMP 2.10.12 now available
- VLC 3.0.7 released with a long list of Security Issues Fixed
- Mesa 19.1.0 is now available
See the more archive for news headlines