Linux Steam market share is on the rise
The percentage of Steam gamers using GNU/Linux dropped like a stone last month. A 0.08% reduction in June left Linux distributions with a marginal 0.76% of total Steam usage. That number increased by 0.03% in July and the GNU/Linux marketshare on Steam now stands at 0.79%.
GNU/Linux Steam marketshare remains below 1% which is not exactly encouraging game developers. Interestingly, the July Steam numbers show a much larger +0.18% increase in MacOS use which brings the total for that OS up to 2.93%. Windows 10 is the most used Steam OS with a total of 71.57%.
published 2019-08-03 - last edited 2019-08-03
Latest Gaming News
- SuperTuxKart 1.1 could be released "anytime"
- Warzone 2100 3.3 released with better graphics and high resolution monitor support
- Drift Into Eternity now available for Linux on Steam
- New Steam Clients Available with Faster Game Downloads
- Wine 4.12 released with Support for Plug and Play devices drivers and Multi-Monitor Setups
Latest News Headlines
- Intels upcoming i3 CPUs raise the bar for entry-level CPUs to four cores and four threads
- Free Software Enthusiasts are The Worst when it comes to AdBlocking
- Facebook's digital currency Libra appears to be falling apart as major players leave before commitment deadline
- New stable kernels: 5.3.6, 4.19.79 and 4.14.149 are now available