Linux Steam market share is on the rise
The percentage of Steam gamers using GNU/Linux dropped like a stone last month. A 0.08% reduction in June left Linux distributions with a marginal 0.76% of total Steam usage. That number increased by 0.03% in July and the GNU/Linux marketshare on Steam now stands at 0.79%.
GNU/Linux Steam marketshare remains below 1% which is not exactly encouraging game developers. Interestingly, the July Steam numbers show a much larger +0.18% increase in MacOS use which brings the total for that OS up to 2.93%. Windows 10 is the most used Steam OS with a total of 71.57%.
published 2019-08-03 - last edited 2019-08-03
Latest Gaming News
- Steam's November Numbers Show Linux Gaming To Be Stagnant
- Wine 4.21 Is Released With DHCP HTTP Proxy Configuration
- Wine 4.0.3 Released With 54 Bug-fixes
- CoreCtrl 1.0.7 Is Now Available
- Googles Stadia Gaming Service Is Launching Today
- Steams Hardware Survey for October Indicates Linux Gaming Growth Is Not Happening
Latest News Headlines
- KDEs "Season of KDE 2020" Student Program is Open For Enrolment
- The American Senate Wants Secure Encryption With Government Backdoors
- Gooroom Cloud OS v2.0 RC1 Is Released With Focus Server-Side "Apps"
- Linux Kernel 5.5 "Kleptomaniac Octopus" RC1 Is Released With Live Patching, Reworked Fair Scheduler And More