Linux Steam market share is on the rise
The percentage of Steam gamers using GNU/Linux dropped like a stone last month. A 0.08% reduction in June left Linux distributions with a marginal 0.76% of total Steam usage. That number increased by 0.03% in July and the GNU/Linux marketshare on Steam now stands at 0.79%.
GNU/Linux Steam marketshare remains below 1% which is not exactly encouraging game developers. Interestingly, the July Steam numbers show a much larger +0.18% increase in MacOS use which brings the total for that OS up to 2.93%. Windows 10 is the most used Steam OS with a total of 71.57%.
published 2019-08-03 - last edited 2019-08-03
Latest Gaming News
- New Hong Kong Security Law Could Slow SuperTuxKart Development
- Total War: SHOGUN 2 Is Being Given Away For Free On Steam Until May 1st
- The Secret Chronicles of Dr. M 2.1.0 RC1 Is Released
- Wine 5.5 Brings Bux Fixes For Beat Hazard 2, iTunes, How To Survive And More
- Get Tomb Raider For Free On Steam Until March 24th
- Gbrainy Is 2.4.2 Released
Latest News Headlines
- Mpv drops GNOME support
- Suddenly Seeing Random KDE Programs Scale And Become Huge While Others Do Not When Launched Outside Of KDE Plasma? This Variable Can Save The Day
- Xfce4-time-out-plugin 1.1.1 Is Released
- Dooble Web Browser 2020.07.07 Is Released