Linux Steam market share is on the rise
The percentage of Steam gamers using GNU/Linux dropped like a stone last month. A 0.08% reduction in June left Linux distributions with a marginal 0.76% of total Steam usage. That number increased by 0.03% in July and the GNU/Linux marketshare on Steam now stands at 0.79%.
GNU/Linux Steam marketshare remains below 1% which is not exactly encouraging game developers. Interestingly, the July Steam numbers show a much larger +0.18% increase in MacOS use which brings the total for that OS up to 2.93%. Windows 10 is the most used Steam OS with a total of 71.57%.
published 2019-08-03 - last edited 2019-08-03
Latest Gaming News
- Drift Into Eternity now available for Linux on Steam
- New Steam Clients Available with Faster Game Downloads
- Wine 4.12 released with Support for Plug and Play devices drivers and Multi-Monitor Setups
- Valve's got a new shader compiler for AMD GPUs ready for testing
- AMD RX 5700 and 5700 XT GPUs launching with No Linux Support
Latest News Headlines
- Git v2.23.0 is released and available
- Fedora 31 is branched: Here are the high-lights in the next Fedora version
- Creating Worms exploiting Windows Remote Desktop Vulnerabilities knock on port 3389
- Happy Birthday Debian