Linux Steam market share is on the rise
The percentage of Steam gamers using GNU/Linux dropped like a stone last month. A 0.08% reduction in June left Linux distributions with a marginal 0.76% of total Steam usage. That number increased by 0.03% in July and the GNU/Linux marketshare on Steam now stands at 0.79%.
GNU/Linux Steam marketshare remains below 1% which is not exactly encouraging game developers. Interestingly, the July Steam numbers show a much larger +0.18% increase in MacOS use which brings the total for that OS up to 2.93%. Windows 10 is the most used Steam OS with a total of 71.57%.
published 2019-08-03 - last edited 2019-08-03
Latest Gaming news
- Wine 6.6 Is Released
- Mesa 21.0.2 Is Released With Minor Bug-Fixes Mostly For AMD Graphics Hardware
- DevilutionX 1.2 Is Released For The Enjoyment Of Diablo Fans
- Linux Steering Wheel Manager Oversteer v0.6.0 Brings support For 6 Additional Wheels
- Total War: Three Kingdoms - Fates Divided Is Now Available For Linux
Latest News Headlines
- 6250+ Free Software Users Have Signed A Letter In Support Of Honorary Doctor Richard Stallman And The FSF Stands By Their Re-Election Of RMS To Their Board
- 3YE's (써드아이) Lastest Digital Single "Stalker" Has Reached 500k+ Views On YouTube
- G'MIC 2.9.7 Is Released
- Lagrange v1.3.2 Is Released
- The Mesa RADV Vulkan Driver Will Soon Have An Option That Boosts Performance 30%+ On RDNA2 GPUs By Rendering Less