Kdenlive 19.04.3 released with a whole lot of bug-fixes
The latest stable version of the best free software video editor has a really long list of bug-fixes, 12 of which were causing crashes. Cursor tools now work as they should when hovering a timeline and the clip selection code, which previously would cause lags when working with lots of clips, is now a whole lot faster.
The Futurue is Kdenlive 19.08
The kdenlive team has been working hard on the next-generation kdelive which will be released as version 19.08 "in less than a month". The git development branch is already indicating kdenlive's version as 19.07.70. This upcoming kdenlive release's codebase has already got quite a few really neat new features.
The git versions allows you to preview the clips in the
Project Bin by holding
shift and hovering the mouse above the small thumbnails. Moving the mouse to the beginning or end of the small thumbnails let you preview clips as if the thumbnail was a time-line. This really cool feature lets you quickly get an idea what the clip's about before opening it in the clip monitor or adding it to the timeline.
Some features that are scheduled to be in 19.08 are not yet finished. There may or may not be an improved speed effect and a new 3 point workflow system in the new version.
Wizards can try the latest kdenlive 19.08 beta which is currently named 19.7.70 by cloning
You can read our review of kdenlive to learn more about the best free video editor.
published 2019-07-12 - last edited 2019-07-12
Latest KDE News
- KDevelop 5.4 released
- Latte Dock 0.9 for KDE Plasma released
- Windows users of KDE applications: Do not uninstall.exe
- It's over, Kubuntu 18.10 Cosmic Cuttlefish is EOL
- KDE Connect now lets you connect your Mac to Android phones and Linux desktops
- Happy birthday KDE Plama 5
Latest News Headlines
- Linux Kernel Disables Coffee Lakes HPET On The Grounds That It Is "Unreliable"
- Linux Distributions Running On Intel CPUs Are About To Get A Lot Slower
- Thunar 1.8.11 "Emergency" Release Available, Fixes Startup Crashes on FreeBSD, Fedora and Gentoo
- Xfce Video Player Parole v1.0.5 Is Released