KStars v3.2.3 is released with configurable The Sky Map Cursor
KDE's Kstars team have released another minor update to the Kstars 3.2.x series. This version fixes some minor bugs and a race condition and adds the ability to use change the default X cursor in the Sky Map view to either an arrow or a circle.
You can enjoy this new setting under the
Settings menu where you find
Look & Feel.
KStars is worth a test-run if you are unfamiliar with it.
It's got powerful features for professional astronomers but it's also a neat program to play with if you want to brush up on your knowledge of constellations or just want to learn about the night sky.
All the distributions has it so you can easily install a current version by looking for
kstars. Binaries for Mac OS and Windows and Linux source code can be acquired from https://edu.kde.org/kstars/#download
published 2019-05-31 - last edited 2019-06-24
Latest KDE News
- KDevelop 5.4 released
- Latte Dock 0.9 for KDE Plasma released
- Windows users of KDE applications: Do not uninstall.exe
- It's over, Kubuntu 18.10 Cosmic Cuttlefish is EOL
- KDE Connect now lets you connect your Mac to Android phones and Linux desktops
- Happy birthday KDE Plama 5
Latest News Headlines
- Git v2.23.0 is released and available
- Fedora 31 is branched: Here are the high-lights in the next Fedora version
- Creating Worms exploiting Windows Remote Desktop Vulnerabilities knock on port 3389
- Happy Birthday Debian