KStars v3.2.3 is released with configurable The Sky Map Cursor
KDE's Kstars team have released another minor update to the Kstars 3.2.x series. This version fixes some minor bugs and a race condition and adds the ability to use change the default X cursor in the Sky Map view to either an arrow or a circle.
You can enjoy this new setting under the
Settings menu where you find
Look & Feel.
KStars is worth a test-run if you are unfamiliar with it.
It's got powerful features for professional astronomers but it's also a neat program to play with if you want to brush up on your knowledge of constellations or just want to learn about the night sky.
All the distributions has it so you can easily install a current version by looking for
kstars. Binaries for Mac OS and Windows and Linux source code can be acquired from https://edu.kde.org/kstars/#download
published 2019-05-31 - last edited 2019-06-24
Latest KDE News
- KDevelop 5.4 released
- Latte Dock 0.9 for KDE Plasma released
- Windows users of KDE applications: Do not uninstall.exe
- It's over, Kubuntu 18.10 Cosmic Cuttlefish is EOL
- KDE Connect now lets you connect your Mac to Android phones and Linux desktops
- Happy birthday KDE Plama 5
Latest News Headlines
- Mesa 19.3.0 Will Be Released Next Week
- Purism Announces US-Manufactured Librem 5 Model For $1999 USD
- Linux Kernel Could Support Automatic Closing Of CD/DVD Drive Trays On Mount (Again)
- Libxfce4ui 4.15.0 Is Released, Drops GTK2 Support