KDE Conference India 2020 Is Open For Registrations
The thriving Indian KDE community will have a conference at the Maharaja Agrasen Institute of Technology in Rohini, New Delhi, on January 17th to 19th 2020. The schedule is filled with interesting presentations on topics about Qt, the KDE desktop, KDE applications like kdenlive and free software related topics such as "Are our smartphones outsmarting us?".
written by 윤채경 (Yoon Chae-kyung). published 2019-12-29 - last edited 2019-12-31
The conferences website conf.kde.in promises that
"conf.kde.in 2020 will generate even more interest and participation by creating a fertile environment for people to get started with KDE, Qt and FOSS through numerous talks, hands-on sessions and demonstrations."
The conferences schedule has several interesting presentations listed. "Media Self-reliance and FOSS" details how the Indian newspaper Janayugom and its nearly 100 employees went all-in free software. They use KDE Plasma as a desktop environment with tools like Scribus for layout and GIMP, Inkscape and ImageMagick for graphics production. "The Kdenlive Community" details how the kdenlive video editor works and how the code contribution process works. "Are our smartphones outsmarting us?", presented by Rituka Patwal, will detail how even privacy-aware users are prone to be violated by modern smartphones running common mobile operating systems like Android. KDEs "Plasma Mobile" efforts could make a difference.
There's no changing your mind once you're signed up to a KDE event, there is simply no way of removing yourself from an event once you're registered.
KDEs events page does not have any way to unregister once you are registered so you should make sure you'll be able to get to New Delhi in India before you sign up (I just wanted to check if the conference was free or not and check the prices if it wasn't. I'm not going to India, plane tickets are very expensive).
- AMD Confirms "Big Navi" GPU Coming In 2020
- SeaMonkey 2.53.1 Beta 1 Is Released: Not Fully Abandoned Abandonware
- Xfce4-whiskermenu-plugin 2.3.5 Released
- Mozilla Fires 70 Employees, Apple Offers New Jobs
- Wine 5.0-rc6 Is Released With 21 Bug-Fixes
- Red Hat Recommends Disabling Hardware Acceleration on Intel Integrated Graphics Due To Hardware Flaw
- CentOS 8.1 Released With New Security Tools For Servers And Containers
- GNU sed 4.8 Is Released
- Latest Linux Kernels Fix Security Flaw In The Intel Processors With iGPUs