From LinuxReviewsJump to navigationJump to search
GIMP (Green Is My Pepper) is a image manipulation program for GNU/Linux. It is not the easiest tool to learn but it's really powerful and you can do pretty much anything image-related if you spend some time learning it.
- HOWTO make the Flower of Life (their ultimate secret) in GIMP
This is how you draw the Flower of Life (their ultimate secret) in GIMP:
- HOWTO outline text in GIMP
This howto explains how to create text in one color outlined by another color to make it more visible. This is useful when adding text on images since it makes the text much more readable.
- GIMP website
- GIMP Plug-In Registry
- GIMP Developer Resources
- Gimp and OpenOffice Draw.
- GIMP meets OpenUsability
- GIMP for Windows
- Gimpshop.com - A simple site for downloading GIMPshop
- alt.pg. WinGIMP
- GIMPShop dot Net - Information on GIMP and GIMPShop
- GIMPshop for Mac OS X and Linux
- Linuxartist: Gimp section
GIMP Manual & Tricks
- Wilber's Wiki – The GIMP Wiki
- A list of many GIMP books
- GIMP - The Official Handbook, by Olof S. Kylander, Karin Kylander
- Grokking the GIMP, by Carey Bunks – free 'HTML book' about the GIMP and digital photo editing in general
- GIMP User Manual 2.0 (still under development)
- GIMP Tricks
- Experimental CMYK support through the "separate" plugin
- Windows GIMP Deweirdifyer plugin (info at GUG)
- Used for organizing GIMP panels in a single window under Microsoft Windows
- Photoshop-ish Keyboard Shortcuts for The Gimp 2.0
- WLUG Wiki: GimpVersusPhotoshop
- CoolText – An online graphics generator powered by Gimp.
- Shows good examples of many of the scripts included with Gimp; they can be used directly over the web.
- Examples and tutorials for The Gimp
- Short video clips demonstrating GIMP's functionality
- A lot of examples and tutorials for Gimp in German
- Good website to see the capabilities of Gimp.
- Cool Jeba GIMP Tutorials
- SiggyMaker – Gimp generated images with PHP`s GD Library .
- Capable of adding text to gimp generated Images.
- Wikipedia:How to use the GIMP