Xfce is now the most popular desktop (among new Manjaro Linux users)
The Arch Linux based distribution Manjaro has released download numbers for it's various editions in May and Xfce was the most popular Linux desktop choice - by a rather slim margin.
Xfce (33.48%) topped the chart with just 0.66% more downloads than Manjaro's KDE edition (32.82%). The least popular Linux desktop, GNOME, had about 14% less downloads than the editions with the leading Linux desktop environments with just 19.58% of the total Manjaro downloads.
The Xfce edition of Manjaro Linux v18.0.4 comes with a very polished version of Xfce 4.13.4, which was released just two weeks ago, compiled from git.
The fact that Manjaro Linux is providing a much better out-of-the-box experience for Xfce users compared to other distributions may explain why it's Xfce edition is so popular.
You can learn more about Manjaro at https://manjaro.org/
last edited 2019-06-15
Latest news headlines
- Linux Mint 20 Blocks And Removes Snap Citing Backdoor To Canonicals SnapCraft Store
- Linux 5.8 Brings Per-Core Energy Sensor Support For AMD CPUs
- The Flutter SDK Is Ready To Be Used For Native Linux Software Development
- Mpv drops GNOME support
- Suddenly Seeing Random KDE Programs Scale And Become Huge While Others Do Not When Launched Outside Of KDE Plasma? This Variable Can Save The Day
- Xfce4-time-out-plugin 1.1.1 Is Released
- Dooble Web Browser 2020.07.07 Is Released
- Video Trimmer 0.2.0 Is Out
- Zettlr Markdown Editor 1.7.1 Is Released With Vim And Emacs Input Modes
See the more archive for news headlines