Xfce is now the most popular desktop (among new Manjaro Linux users)
The Arch Linux based distribution Manjaro has released download numbers for it's various editions in May and Xfce was the most popular Linux desktop choice - by a rather slim margin.
Xfce (33.48%) topped the chart with just 0.66% more downloads than Manjaro's KDE edition (32.82%). The least popular Linux desktop, GNOME, had about 14% less downloads than the editions with the leading Linux desktop environments with just 19.58% of the total Manjaro downloads.
The Xfce edition of Manjaro Linux v18.0.4 comes with a very polished version of Xfce 4.13.4, which was released just two weeks ago, compiled from git.
The fact that Manjaro Linux is providing a much better out-of-the-box experience for Xfce users compared to other distributions may explain why it's Xfce edition is so popular.
You can learn more about Manjaro at https://manjaro.org/
last edited 2019-06-15
Latest news headlines
- Free Software Licenses Are Losing Ground To Permissive Open Source Licenses
- It Never Ends: Two More Intel CPU Vulnerabilities Disclosed
- Linux 5.5 "Kleptomaniac Octopus" Is Released
- The Secret Chronicles of Dr. M. 2.1.0 beta 2 Is Released
- Xow 0.3 Is Released With Rumbe Support For Wireless XBox Dongles
- Util-linux 2.35 Is Released With hwclock Re-Licensed To GNU GPL v3
- Web Browser Showdown: Six Browsers On Four Computers
- KDE Plasma 5.18 Wallpaper Winner Announced
- Rocket League Is Ditching Linux Support
See the more archive for news headlines