Xfce is now the most popular desktop (among new Manjaro Linux users)
The Arch Linux based distribution Manjaro has released download numbers for it's various editions in May and Xfce was the most popular Linux desktop choice - by a rather slim margin.
Xfce (33.48%) topped the chart with just 0.66% more downloads than Manjaro's KDE edition (32.82%). The least popular Linux desktop, GNOME, had about 14% less downloads than the editions with the leading Linux desktop environments with just 19.58% of the total Manjaro downloads.
The Xfce edition of Manjaro Linux v18.0.4 comes with a very polished version of Xfce 4.13.4, which was released just two weeks ago, compiled from git.
The fact that Manjaro Linux is providing a much better out-of-the-box experience for Xfce users compared to other distributions may explain why it's Xfce edition is so popular.
You can learn more about Manjaro at https://manjaro.org/
last edited 2019-06-15
Latest news headlines
- Mesa 19.1.1 and 19.0.7 are now available
- Personal finances manager Skrooge 2.20.0 released
- Google Insider Blows Whistle and Exec Reveals Google Plan to Prevent "Trump situation" in 2020 on Hidden Cam
- KStars 3.3.1 released
- Happy 17th birthday BitlBee
- Intel Ice Lake Desktop and Workstation CPU support added to the Linux Kernel
- The Future of BitlBee, the IRC Gateway for Instant Messaging protocols (MSN, ICQ, Jabber, Yahoo)
- Xfce Cpugraph Plugin 1.0.91 released!
- New Kernels: 5.2-rc6 and stable branch kernels 5.1.14 and 4.19.55 are now available with patch fixing Steam
See the more archive for news headlines