Xfce is now the most popular desktop (among new Manjaro Linux users)
The Arch Linux based distribution Manjaro has released download numbers for it's various editions in May and Xfce was the most popular Linux desktop choice - by a rather slim margin.
Xfce (33.48%) topped the chart with just 0.66% more downloads than Manjaro's KDE edition (32.82%). The least popular Linux desktop, GNOME, had about 14% less downloads than the editions with the leading Linux desktop environments with just 19.58% of the total Manjaro downloads.
The Xfce edition of Manjaro Linux v18.0.4 comes with a very polished version of Xfce 4.13.4, which was released just two weeks ago, compiled from git.
The fact that Manjaro Linux is providing a much better out-of-the-box experience for Xfce users compared to other distributions may explain why it's Xfce edition is so popular.
You can learn more about Manjaro at https://manjaro.org/
last edited 2019-06-15
Latest news headlines
- Intels upcoming i3 CPUs raise the bar for entry-level CPUs to four cores and four threads
- Free Software Enthusiasts are The Worst when it comes to AdBlocking
- Facebook's digital currency Libra appears to be falling apart as major players leave before commitment deadline
- New stable kernels: 5.3.6, 4.19.79 and 4.14.149 are now available
- Firefox 69.0.3 with nothing new for free software users
- GNOME Internet Radio Locator v2.0.8 is now available
- GNOME 3.34.1 is now available
- The Free Software Foundation is working to gain a "shared understanding" with the GNU Project
- SuperTuxKart 1.1 could be released "anytime"
See the more archive for news headlines