Xfce is now the most popular desktop (among new Manjaro Linux users)
The Arch Linux based distribution Manjaro has released download numbers for it's various editions in May and Xfce was the most popular Linux desktop choice - by a rather slim margin.
Xfce (33.48%) topped the chart with just 0.66% more downloads than Manjaro's KDE edition (32.82%). The least popular Linux desktop, GNOME, had about 14% less downloads than the editions with the leading Linux desktop environments with just 19.58% of the total Manjaro downloads.
The Xfce edition of Manjaro Linux v18.0.4 comes with a very polished version of Xfce 4.13.4, which was released just two weeks ago, compiled from git.
The fact that Manjaro Linux is providing a much better out-of-the-box experience for Xfce users compared to other distributions may explain why it's Xfce edition is so popular.
You can learn more about Manjaro at https://manjaro.org/
last edited 2019-06-15
Latest news headlines
- Mesa 19.3.0 Is Released With ACO shader compiler for AMD GPUs And OpenGL 4.6 Support
- Wasteland 2 Director's Cut Is Available For Free on GoG The Next 26 Hours
- Linux Version Of Microsoft Teams Is Now Available
- DXVK DirectX To Vulkan Translation Layer Development Halts To A Grind
- KDEs "Season of KDE 2020" Student Program is Open For Enrolment
- The American Senate Wants Secure Encryption With Government Backdoors
- Gooroom Cloud OS v2.0 RC1 Is Released With Focus Server-Side "Apps"
- Linux Kernel 5.5 "Kleptomaniac Octopus" RC1 Is Released With Live Patching, Reworked Fair Scheduler And More
- Firefox 71 Released With Built-In MP3 Decoding, 12 Security Fixes and Some Breakage
See the more archive for news headlines