Linux market share on Steam grew by a whopping 0.02% in May
The numbers are out and the percentage of Steam gamers running Linux grew by just 0.02% in May, bringing the total number of Linux users to 0.84%. 0.27% were using Ubuntu, 0.08% weren't specifying their distribution and 0.07% were using Manjaro Linux.
Do keep in mind that these numbers are too small to be meaningful. A change of 0.02% one way or the other could easily be a rounding error. The simple truth is that Windows, with 95.9% of all Steam users, remain the dominant OS for that platform by a very wide margin. Linux's market share on Steam remains so small it's barely measurable.
last edited 2019-06-02
Latest news headlines
- Web Browser Showdown: Six Browsers On Four Computers
- KDE Plasma 5.18 Wallpaper Winner Announced
- Rocket League Is Ditching Linux Support
- Linux 5.6 Will Support Per-Die Temperature Readings On AMD Zen2 Processors
- GNU make 4.3 Is Released
- Microsoft WordPad 2020 Will Contain In-App Advertisements
- Wine 5.0 Is Released With Multi-Monitor Support, Vulkan 1.1 Support and New XAudio2 re-implementation
- Per-Process Bandwidth Monitor Bandwhich 0.10.0 Is Released
- Norwegian Study Finds The Online Advertisement Industry To Be "OUT OF CONTROL"
See the more archive for news headlines