Linux market share on Steam grew by a whopping 0.02% in May
The numbers are out and the percentage of Steam gamers running Linux grew by just 0.02% in May, bringing the total number of Linux users to 0.84%. 0.27% were using Ubuntu, 0.08% weren't specifying their distribution and 0.07% were using Manjaro Linux.
Do keep in mind that these numbers are too small to be meaningful. A change of 0.02% one way or the other could easily be a rounding error. The simple truth is that Windows, with 95.9% of all Steam users, remain the dominant OS for that platform by a very wide margin. Linux's market share on Steam remains so small it's barely measurable.
last edited 2019-06-02
Latest news headlines
- Mesa 19.1.1 and 19.0.7 are now available
- Personal finances manager Skrooge 2.20.0 released
- Google Insider Blows Whistle and Exec Reveals Google Plan to Prevent "Trump situation" in 2020 on Hidden Cam
- KStars 3.3.1 released
- Happy 17th birthday BitlBee
- Intel Ice Lake Desktop and Workstation CPU support added to the Linux Kernel
- The Future of BitlBee, the IRC Gateway for Instant Messaging protocols (MSN, ICQ, Jabber, Yahoo)
- Xfce Cpugraph Plugin 1.0.91 released!
- New Kernels: 5.2-rc6 and stable branch kernels 5.1.14 and 4.19.55 are now available with patch fixing Steam
See the more archive for news headlines