KDE's Kate text editor has too many bugs, developers call for help
There's currently over 200 open bugs in Kate and the KTextEditor code used to implement it and other KDE editors like KWrite and KDevelop.
"The team working on the code is small"
Text editing in KDE has problems due to other KDE libraries too. Spellchecking is not functioning properly out of the box due to poorly implemented "language detection" (=random) being turned on by default.
You can help out even if you are not a programmer; you can look for duplicate bugs reports regarding the same issue and check if open bugs are still present in current versions. If you are a programmer and you are able to write a patch which fixes a bug then that would obviously also be greatly appreciated.
published 2019-05-24 - last edited 2019-06-19
Latest KDE News
- Qt Could Go Proprietary, KDE Relationship And Qt-Based Free Software In Jeopardy
- KDE Plasma 5.18 Wallpaper Winner Announced
- KDE Video Editor Kdenlive 19.12 Is Released With a New Audio Mixer, Global Effects And Many Performance Improvements
- Krita Gets $25,000 From Epic Games
- Calligra Plan 3.2.2 Released With 4 Bug-Fixes
- KDEs "Season of KDE 2020" Student Program is Open For Enrolment
Latest News Headlines
- Mstdn.jp Is Back After Hours Of Downtime Due Post Containing Islamic Terrorist Material
- Older Ubuntu Server Version Have Gained Support For AMD Rome Processors
- Glib-networking up to 2.64.2 accepts any TLS certificate as valid for any domain
- New Hong Kong Security Law Could Slow SuperTuxKart Development