KDE's Kate text editor has too many bugs, developers call for help
There's currently over 200 open bugs in Kate and the KTextEditor code used to implement it and other KDE editors like KWrite and KDevelop.
"The team working on the code is small"
Text editing in KDE has problems due to other KDE libraries too. Spellchecking is not functioning properly out of the box due to poorly implemented "language detection" (=random) being turned on by default.
You can help out even if you are not a programmer; you can look for duplicate bugs reports regarding the same issue and check if open bugs are still present in current versions. If you are a programmer and you are able to write a patch which fixes a bug then that would obviously also be greatly appreciated.
published 2019-05-24 - last edited 2019-06-19
Latest KDE News
- KDevelop 5.4 released
- Latte Dock 0.9 for KDE Plasma released
- Windows users of KDE applications: Do not uninstall.exe
- It's over, Kubuntu 18.10 Cosmic Cuttlefish is EOL
- KDE Connect now lets you connect your Mac to Android phones and Linux desktops
- Happy birthday KDE Plama 5
Latest News Headlines
- Git v2.23.0 is released and available
- Fedora 31 is branched: Here are the high-lights in the next Fedora version
- Creating Worms exploiting Windows Remote Desktop Vulnerabilities knock on port 3389
- Happy Birthday Debian