Direct3D To Vulkan Translation Layer DXVK 1.5.3 Is Released
The latest version of the DXVK Direct3D 9/10/11 to Vulkan translation layer for WINE has bug-fixes specific to Mafia II, Skyrim and Torchlight and a fix for a "critical" Direct3D 9 regression introduced in version 1.5.2 which was released a week ago. Vulkan 1.1 support is now a requirement to use DXVK.
written by 林慧 (Wai Lin). published 2020-01-31 - last edited 2020-01-31
The Windows-only indie game Slay Bells running inThe source code for DXVK 1.5.3 is available at github.com/doitsujin/dxvk/releases.
DXVK has been in "maintenance" mode since December so there will be no more major changes to the code-base in the near future. Bug-fixes, on the other hand, are still on the table.
DXVK 1.5.2, released a week ago, had some bigger changes. A minimum requirement of Vulkan 1.1 is probably the most important one. Mesa has supported Vulkan 1.1 on AMD and Intel graphics cards since Mesa 17.3. Most distributions are shipping Mesa 19.x so that change should be a non-issue for the vast majority of people running DXVK.
"The reason for this change is that the Vulkan 1.0 fallback path was largely untested and did not always work correctly, removing it also allowed for a minor code cleanup."
There were also changes specific to ATi ToyShop, Atelier Sophie, Dynasty Warriors 7, Dragon Age Origins, Entropia Universe, Ferentus, Gothic 3, Tales of Vesperia, TrackMania United Forever, Vampire The Masquerade: Bloodlines and Warriors Orochi 4 in the previous previous DXVK version.
The source code for DXVK 1.5.3 is available at github.com/doitsujin/dxvk/releases/tag/v1.5.3.
DXVK 1.5.3 works great with the newly released Wine 5.0. The "Proton" bundle of Wine+DXVK+FAudio Valve ships in Steam is still based on Wine 4.11 and DXVK 1.5.1. Those launching Windows games in Steam have something to look forward to once Valve bothers updating Proton to the latest versions of Wine and DXVK.
Latest Gaming News
- Black Lives Matter For Linux
- The Wine 5.13 Development Release Offers 22 Application-Specific Bug Fixes
- The New Wine Vulkan Backend For DirectX 9-11 Is Coming Along Nicely
- SuperTuxKart git20200711 Snapshot Is Released For Android, Linux, and Windows
- Counter-Strike: Global Offensive Has A New Anti-Cheat Trusted Mode
- New Hong Kong Security Law Could Slow SuperTuxKart Development
Latest News Headlines
- Linux Desktop Market Share Steady at 0.8-3.5% In July 2020
- Linux 5.8 Is Released And It The Largest Release Of All Time
- Firefox 79 Is Released With 10 Security Fixes
- We Are Still Waiting For Microsoft Edge For Linux