Xfburn 0.6.1 is now available
The CD/DVD/BD burning application Xfburn has been updated to use the GTK+3 toolkit. There's also some minor code modernization under the hood. There's also a lot of translation updates in this latest version of the Xfce desktop's tool for writing data to ancient round storage-media.
For those unfamiliar with the round optical storage discs xfburn is for: CD/DVD/BD discs are what grandpa's coffee cop holder is supposed to be used for. CD discs hold about 700 MB of data, DVDs hold 4.5 GB and BlueRay (BD) discs can hold a whole lot more. Xfburn can be used to read and write these ancient and wildly outdated data storage discs using the 5.25" coffee cop holder found on really old computers. If you have a two decades old computer and you are able to find optical storage discs on a dusty shelf a store somewhere then the new version of xfburn may be for you.
These are the complete "release notes" for 0.6.1:
"After a long while it is time to cut a new release.
- UI updated to use GTK+3
- modernized the code a little in the process
- fixed website link in the about dialog
- Re-enabling the initial code for setting the starting directory and finish implementation
- Albanian, Arabic, Armenian (Armenia), Asturian, Basque, Belarusian, Bulgarian, Catalan, Chinese (China), Chinese (Taiwan), Croatian, Czech, Danish, Dutch, English (Australia), English (United Kingdom), Estonian, Finnish, French, Galician, German, Greek, Hebrew, Hungarian, Icelandic, Indonesian, Interlingue, Italian, Japanese, Kazakh, Korean, Lithuanian, Malay, Norwegian Bokmål, Norwegian Nynorsk, Occitan (post 1500), Polish, Portuguese, Portuguese (Brazil), Russian, Serbian, Sinhala, Slovak, Spanish, Swedish, Telugu, Thai, Turkish, Uighur, Ukrainian"
The source for new version can be downloaded from archive.xfce.org/. xfburn is typically available in distributions repositories under the package name
xfburn. Most distributions do not yet have the new and updated version so you will have to wait a few days or weeks until the new version arrives in your distributions repositories. Xfburn's website is at goodies.xfce.org under /projects/applications/xfburn
published 2019-11-07 - last edited 2019-11-07
Latest Xfce News
- Xfce 4.16pre1 Released With Client Side Decorations And Minor Improvements
- Xfwm4 4.14.3 Is Released With X-Resource Extension Support
- Thunar 4.15.1 Brings A Pause Button On Copy/Move File Operations And Much More
- Xfce4-time-out-plugin 1.1.1 Is Released
- Thunar 1.8.14 Is Released
- Thunar 1.8.13 Is Released With Unfortunate Bug That Makes It Useless As A File Manager
Latest News Headlines
- AMD Launches 3 High-End RX 6000-Series GPUs For 4k Gaming
- Prepare To Re-Format If You Are Using An Older XFS Filesystem
- Linux Is Dropping WiMAX Support
- Fedora 33 Is Released
- AMD Announces Record High Q3 2020 Profits And $35 Billion Deal To Buy Xilinx
See the news archive for more headlines