Mesa 19.1.2 released
Those who play Wolfenstein II will be happy to hear it no longer crashes when using the RADV drivers. There's also a DirectX to Vulkan fix for Intel gen7 iGPUs and some fixes for the Freedreno driver for Qualcomm's Adreno graphics hardware.
19.1.2 is a bug-fix release for the 19.1 branch of the Linux graphics stack which underpins all the games and other graphics intensive applications on Linux desktops. There are no new groundbreaking new feature in this release. Support for AMDs new Navi graphics cards RX 5700 and 5700 XT won't arrive until Mesa 19.2 which is scheduled to be released late August/early September.
The complete change-log for Mesa 19.1.2 since 19.1.1 is as follows:
- Revert "i965/icl: Add WA_2204188704 to disable pixel shader panic dispatch"
- Revert "anv/icl: Add WA_2204188704 to disable pixel shader panic dispatch"
- Revert "iris/icl: Add WA_2204188704 to disable pixel shader panic dispatch"
- meson: Improve detection of Python when using Meson >=0.50.
- radv: Only allocate supplied number of descriptors when variable.
- radv: Fix interactions between variable descriptor count and inline uniform blocks.
- spirv: Ignore ArrayStride in OpPtrAccessChain for Workgroup
- meson: Add support for using cmake for finding LLVM
- Revert "meson: Add support for using cmake for finding LLVM"
- freedreno: Fix UBO load range detection on booleans.
- freedreno: Fix up end range of unaligned UBO loads.
- meson: bump required libdrm version to 2.4.81
- gallium: Add CAP for opcode DIV
- vl: Use CS composite shader only if TEX_LZ and DIV are supported
- glsl: Don't increase the iteration count when there are no terminators
- meson: GNU/kFreeBSD has DRM/KMS and requires -D_GNU_SOURCE
- anv/descriptor_set: Only write texture swizzles if we have an image view
- iris: Use a uint16_t for key sizes
- util: Heap-allocate 256K zlib buffer
- meson: Search for execinfo.h
- docs: add sha256 checksums for 19.1.1
- intel: fix wrong format usage
- Update version to 19.1.2
- docs: add release notes for 19.1.2
- iris: Enable PIPE_CAP_SURFACE_REINTERPRET_BLOCKS
- gallium: Make util_copy_image_view handle shader_access
- intel/compiler: fix derivative on y axis implementation
- intel/compiler: don't use byte operands for src1 on ICL
- intel: Add and use helpers for level0 extent
- isl: Don't align phys_level0_sa by block dimension
The source for this release is available at https://mesa.freedesktop.org/archive/
The Mesa 19.1.x back-port copr for Fedora does not yet have this technology but it will likely be the quickest way to get access to this given that Fedora 30 is still using Mesa 19.0.x.
published 2019-07-09 - last edited 2019-07-09