Krita 4.2.2 is out
It's been three weeks since the last bug-fix release to the 4.2.x series of the very popular free digital painting program for Linux and Windows. Things have been moving quite fast this summer and 4.2.2 has a very long list of fixed bugs. There are no new major features in this version, those will come when 4.3 is ready.
Somewhat related, Google Summer of Code student Alberto Flores is making good progress on adding animated vector brushes to Krita. Krita will soon have animates brushes with multiple tips. His latest update states that "Basic functionality almost ready".
Windows users may be interested to know that Krita 4.2.x, including 4.2.2, has an issue where it will not start if there is no OpenGL or Direct3D driver present on the system. Linux does not have that problem.
published 2019-06-28 - last edited 2019-06-28
Latest News Headlines
- Firefox will do monthly releases starting next year
- Richard Stallman has resigned from his position as president of the Free Software Foundation
- Linux Kernel 5.3 is released
- Linux Kernel 5.3 rc8 is released and 5.3 final is coming soon
- F-Droid 1.7.1 available
- Qt Creator 4.10.0 released with Android targets for CMake and Qbs projects
- Mesa 19.2 rc2 released with support for Navi and "unreleased" AMD chip
- Warzone 2100 3.3 released with better graphics and high resolution monitor support
- Git v2.23.0 is released and available
See the more archive for news headlines