Krita 4.2.2 is out
It's been three weeks since the last bug-fix release to the 4.2.x series of the very popular free digital painting program for Linux and Windows. Things have been moving quite fast this summer and 4.2.2 has a very long list of fixed bugs. There are no new major features in this version, those will come when 4.3 is ready.
Somewhat related, Google Summer of Code student Alberto Flores is making good progress on adding animated vector brushes to Krita. Krita will soon have animates brushes with multiple tips. His latest update states that "Basic functionality almost ready".
Windows users may be interested to know that Krita 4.2.x, including 4.2.2, has an issue where it will not start if there is no OpenGL or Direct3D driver present on the system. Linux does not have that problem.
published 2019-06-28 - last edited 2019-06-28
Latest News Headlines
- User-friendly XMPP client Kaidan 0.4.1 released
- AMD Navi Support is merged into the upcoming Linux Kernel 5.3
- KDE Connect now lets you connect your Mac to Android phones and Linux desktops
- Happy birthday KDE Plama 5
- Microsoft's Terms of Service Updated to be even more Draconian
- AntiX 19 beta 2 released
- AMD Admits Ryzen 3000 Series CPUs are Broken, promises BIOS update
- Mozilla's Firefox 68 vs Firefox 68 from Fedora: No difference. At all.
- Kdenlive 19.04.3 released with a whole lot of bug-fixes
See the more archive for news headlines