Gnote 3.34.1 Is Released With Updated Documentation
The latest release of the very simple GNOME-focused note taking application Gnote has updated documentation, more translations and it now works with lower versions of the spelling library gspell.
published 2019-11-24 - last edited 2019-11-24
The entire change-log since version 3.34.0 is really short since documentation and translation updates are the only differences between this and the previous version:
- Added manual for Online Folder sync
- Lowerer gspell requirement to 1.6
- Updated translations: Basque (eu), Indonesian (id), Spanish (es), Swedish (sv)
- Updated manuals: Lithuanian (lt), Polish (pl), Spanish (es)"
Gnote has had support for synchronization against WebDAV for some time. The latest version has a helpful manual which explains how you enter a valid WebDAV url as well as a username and password into it's
Preferences dialog. The gorgeous woman in the screenshot is Yeonjung from WJSN.
The new version is available from download.gnome.org/sources/gnote/3.34/. You will likely get it automatically if you are using a GNOME-focused distribution and you update sometime next week.
|TIP: Gnote lacks any icon or right-click context menu for inserting special characters. However, the standard text-editing features of GTK 3.34.x are there. You can, for example, trigger GTK's "Insert Emoji" picker with the keyboard shortcut ctrl+. even though those standard GTK features are not indicated by icons or menus.|
Gnote's homepage is at wiki.gnome.org/Apps/Gnote.
Do note that Gnote is one of those GNOME-focused programs which do not play well with other desktop environments such as Xfce and LXQt. It's fine if you use GNOME and want a really basic note taking application. Alternatives like Zim are worth considering if you are using a non-toy desktop which wasn't designed for tablets/smart-TV's.
- Xow 0.3 Is Released With Rumbe Support For Wireless XBox Dongles
- Util-linux 2.35 Is Released With hwclock Re-Licensed To GNU GPL v3
- Web Browser Showdown: Six Browsers On Four Computers
- KDE Plasma 5.18 Wallpaper Winner Announced
- Rocket League Is Ditching Linux Support
- Linux 5.6 Will Support Per-Die Temperature Readings On AMD Zen2 Processors
- GNU make 4.3 Is Released
- Microsoft WordPad 2020 Will Contain In-App Advertisements
- Wine 5.0 Is Released With Multi-Monitor Support, Vulkan 1.1 Support and New XAudio2 re-implementation