Xfce 4.14 scheduled for release mid-August 2019
The popular traditional-looking GNU/Linux desktop environment has not seen a stable release since 2015. The developers have been working hard on the next version since that time and it is close to being ready.
Simon Steinbeiss recently became the release-manager for Xfce 4.14 and he has now revealed the schedule. 4.14-pre1 will become available mid-May, 4.14-pre2 in the end of June and 4.14-pre3 will be released in the end of July. If all goes well and no major problems are discovered with those the final 4.14 will be released August the 11th.
Xubuntu 19.04 is based on this upcoming version and you can install that to have the software of tomorrow today. The Xfce team will also be providing docker-images for testing at https://github.com/schuellerf/xfce-test.
The new version has many small but notable improvements over 4.12. It also makes previous themes incompatible since 4.12 is based on gtk2 and 4.14 is ported to gtk3.
It is shaping up to be a very exciting summer and fall for Xfce4.
last edited 2019-05-18
Latest news headlines
- Total War: SHOGUN 2 Is Being Given Away For Free On Steam Until May 1st
- Focal fossa
- Chromium 81 Is Released With Many Security Fixes And Mostly Working Vulkan Rendering Support
- Qt Could Go Proprietary, KDE Relationship And Qt-Based Free Software In Jeopardy
- The Secret Chronicles of Dr. M 2.1.0 RC1 Is Released
- Linux 5.6.2 Is Released With Intel Wifi Fix
- GNOME And KDE Are Merging To KNOME - The Next Generation Linux Desktop Environment
- Second Mini Album "Dear My Color" From Korean Pop Sensation 보라미유 (Boramiyu) Is Released And It Is Wonderful
- Wine 5.5 Brings Bux Fixes For Beat Hazard 2, iTunes, How To Survive And More
See the more archive for news headlines