Xfce 4.14 scheduled for release mid-August 2019
The popular traditional-looking GNU/Linux desktop environment has not seen a stable release since 2015. The developers have been working hard on the next version since that time and it is close to being ready.
Simon Steinbeiss recently became the release-manager for Xfce 4.14 and he has now revealed the schedule. 4.14-pre1 will become available mid-May, 4.14-pre2 in the end of June and 4.14-pre3 will be released in the end of July. If all goes well and no major problems are discovered with those the final 4.14 will be released August the 11th.
Xubuntu 19.04 is based on this upcoming version and you can install that to have the software of tomorrow today. The Xfce team will also be providing docker-images for testing at https://github.com/schuellerf/xfce-test.
The new version has many small but notable improvements over 4.12. It also makes previous themes incompatible since 4.12 is based on gtk2 and 4.14 is ported to gtk3.
It is shaping up to be a very exciting summer and fall for Xfce4.
last edited 2019-05-18
Latest news headlines
- Norwegian Study Finds The Online Advertisement Industry To Be "OUT OF CONTROL"
- GParted 1.1.0 Is Released
- Firefox 72.0.2 Is Released
- Vulkan 1.2 Specification Finalized, Linux Support In Place
- Linux 5.5rc7 Is Released
- AMD Confirms "Big Navi" GPU Coming In 2020
- SeaMonkey 2.53.1 Beta 1 Is Released: Not Fully Abandoned Abandonware
- Xfce4-whiskermenu-plugin 2.3.5 Released
- Mozilla Fires 70 Employees, Apple Offers New Jobs
See the more archive for news headlines