Richard Stallman to Visit Germany in July
The Free Software Foundation has today announced that the father of the free software movement, honorary doctor Richard Stallman, will be doing a speech on surveillance in Frankfurt, Germany on July 15th. The topic will be "Are we facing surveillance like in China?".
Stallman's assistant, Jeanne Rasata, reports that admission to the event will be gratis (free) and that it will last from from 07:30 PM to 10:00 PM.
See the free software foundation's announcement for specific location if you are interested in attending this event. The FSF links to ffsci.de as a source of "more information" but it ain't there. There is, however, information about a visit from RMS in 2016 on the ffsci.de website.
last edited 2019-06-18
Latest news headlines
- Red Hat Recommends Disabling Hardware Acceleration on Intel Integrated Graphics Due To Hardware Flaw
- CentOS 8.1 Released With New Security Tools For Servers And Containers
- GNU sed 4.8 Is Released
- Latest Linux Kernels Fix Security Flaw In The Intel Processors With iGPUs
- First Xfce 4.14 Maintainance Release Available, ScreenSaver Security Hole Remains Wide Open
- LibreDWG 0.10.1 Brings GNU One Step Closer To Liberating AutoCAD Files
- Linux 5.5rc6 Is Released, 5.5 Final Is Coming In Two To Three Weeks
- Department of Homeland Security Urges Firefox And Thunderbird Users To Upgrade
- Linux Kernel 5.5 Will Not Fix The Frequent Intel GPU Hangs In Recent Kernels
See the more archive for news headlines