Richard Stallman to Visit Germany in July
The Free Software Foundation has today announced that the father of the free software movement, honorary doctor Richard Stallman, will be doing a speech on surveillance in Frankfurt, Germany on July 15th. The topic will be "Are we facing surveillance like in China?".
Stallman's assistant, Jeanne Rasata, reports that admission to the event will be gratis (free) and that it will last from from 07:30 PM to 10:00 PM.
See the free software foundation's announcement for specific location if you are interested in attending this event. The FSF links to ffsci.de as a source of "more information" but it ain't there. There is, however, information about a visit from RMS in 2016 on the ffsci.de website.
last edited 2019-06-18
Latest news headlines
- Total War: SHOGUN 2 Is Being Given Away For Free On Steam Until May 1st
- Focal fossa
- Chromium 81 Is Released With Many Security Fixes And Mostly Working Vulkan Rendering Support
- Qt Could Go Proprietary, KDE Relationship And Qt-Based Free Software In Jeopardy
- The Secret Chronicles of Dr. M 2.1.0 RC1 Is Released
- Linux 5.6.2 Is Released With Intel Wifi Fix
- GNOME And KDE Are Merging To KNOME - The Next Generation Linux Desktop Environment
- Second Mini Album "Dear My Color" From Korean Pop Sensation 보라미유 (Boramiyu) Is Released And It Is Wonderful
- Wine 5.5 Brings Bux Fixes For Beat Hazard 2, iTunes, How To Survive And More
See the more archive for news headlines