Richard Stallman to Visit Germany in July
The Free Software Foundation has today announced that the father of the free software movement, honorary doctor Richard Stallman, will be doing a speech on surveillance in Frankfurt, Germany on July 15th. The topic will be "Are we facing surveillance like in China?".
Stallman's assistant, Jeanne Rasata, reports that admission to the event will be gratis (free) and that it will last from from 07:30 PM to 10:00 PM.
See the free software foundation's announcement for specific location if you are interested in attending this event. The FSF links to ffsci.de as a source of "more information" but it ain't there. There is, however, information about a visit from RMS in 2016 on the ffsci.de website.
last edited 2019-06-18
Latest news headlines
- Mesa 19.3.0 Will Be Released Next Week
- Purism Announces US-Manufactured Librem 5 Model For $1999 USD
- Linux Kernel Could Support Automatic Closing Of CD/DVD Drive Trays On Mount (Again)
- Libxfce4ui 4.15.0 Is Released, Drops GTK2 Support
- Memory Chips Will See "Strong Demand" (=Rising Prices) In 2020
- Linux Kernel To Get CPU Idle Cooling Solution
- Steam's November Numbers Show Linux Gaming To Be Stagnant
- Virgil Griffith Arrested For Talking About The CryptoCurrency Etherium in North Korea
- Wine 4.21 Is Released With DHCP HTTP Proxy Configuration
See the more archive for news headlines