Ice Window Manager 1.5.5 released
Another minor point release in the 1.5.x branch of the IceWM window-manager is released. A few updated translation files is the only change since version 1.5.4 so there's not very much to get excited about if you are using the development-branch.
For those unfamiliar with IceWM: It is a mature Window-Manager which has been in development since 1997. It does have some features which go beyond pure window-manager such as a system dock and a panel. This is what IceWM v1.5.4 running a few normal programs you're average person would use looks like on Gentoo Linux:
The changes between 1.5.x and the stable 1.4.x branch included in distributions like OpenSUSE 15.1 are quite significant.
You can find a list of these changes over at the https://ice-wm.org/ website where you can also find the 1.5.5 release. Development is currently happening at https://github.com/bbidulock/icewm in case you would like to pull the very latest code.
last edited 2019-06-08
Latest news headlines
- Mesa 19.3.0 Is Released With ACO shader compiler for AMD GPUs And OpenGL 4.6 Support
- Wasteland 2 Director's Cut Is Available For Free on GoG The Next 26 Hours
- Linux Version Of Microsoft Teams Is Now Available
- DXVK DirectX To Vulkan Translation Layer Development Halts To A Grind
- KDEs "Season of KDE 2020" Student Program is Open For Enrolment
- The American Senate Wants Secure Encryption With Government Backdoors
- Gooroom Cloud OS v2.0 RC1 Is Released With Focus Server-Side "Apps"
- Linux Kernel 5.5 "Kleptomaniac Octopus" RC1 Is Released With Live Patching, Reworked Fair Scheduler And More
- Firefox 71 Released With Built-In MP3 Decoding, 12 Security Fixes and Some Breakage
See the more archive for news headlines