Ice Window Manager 1.5.5 released
Another minor point release in the 1.5.x branch of the IceWM window-manager is released. A few updated translation files is the only change since version 1.5.4 so there's not very much to get excited about if you are using the development-branch.
For those unfamiliar with IceWM: It is a mature Window-Manager which has been in development since 1997. It does have some features which go beyond pure window-manager such as a system dock and a panel. This is what IceWM v1.5.4 running a few normal programs you're average person would use looks like on Gentoo Linux:
The changes between 1.5.x and the stable 1.4.x branch included in distributions like OpenSUSE 15.1 are quite significant.
You can find a list of these changes over at the https://ice-wm.org/ website where you can also find the 1.5.5 release. Development is currently happening at https://github.com/bbidulock/icewm in case you would like to pull the very latest code.
last edited 2019-06-08
Latest news headlines
- Mesa 19.1.1 and 19.0.7 are now available
- Personal finances manager Skrooge 2.20.0 released
- Google Insider Blows Whistle and Exec Reveals Google Plan to Prevent "Trump situation" in 2020 on Hidden Cam
- KStars 3.3.1 released
- Happy 17th birthday BitlBee
- Intel Ice Lake Desktop and Workstation CPU support added to the Linux Kernel
- The Future of BitlBee, the IRC Gateway for Instant Messaging protocols (MSN, ICQ, Jabber, Yahoo)
- Xfce Cpugraph Plugin 1.0.91 released!
- New Kernels: 5.2-rc6 and stable branch kernels 5.1.14 and 4.19.55 are now available with patch fixing Steam
See the more archive for news headlines