Ice Window Manager 1.5.5 released
Another minor point release in the 1.5.x branch of the IceWM window-manager is released. A few updated translation files is the only change since version 1.5.4 so there's not very much to get excited about if you are using the development-branch.
For those unfamiliar with IceWM: It is a mature Window-Manager which has been in development since 1997. It does have some features which go beyond pure window-manager such as a system dock and a panel. This is what IceWM v1.5.4 running a few normal programs you're average person would use looks like on Gentoo Linux:
The changes between 1.5.x and the stable 1.4.x branch included in distributions like OpenSUSE 15.1 are quite significant.
You can find a list of these changes over at the https://ice-wm.org/ website where you can also find the 1.5.5 release. Development is currently happening at https://github.com/bbidulock/icewm in case you would like to pull the very latest code.
last edited 2019-06-08
Latest news headlines
- Intels upcoming i3 CPUs raise the bar for entry-level CPUs to four cores and four threads
- Free Software Enthusiasts are The Worst when it comes to AdBlocking
- Facebook's digital currency Libra appears to be falling apart as major players leave before commitment deadline
- New stable kernels: 5.3.6, 4.19.79 and 4.14.149 are now available
- Firefox 69.0.3 with nothing new for free software users
- GNOME Internet Radio Locator v2.0.8 is now available
- GNOME 3.34.1 is now available
- The Free Software Foundation is working to gain a "shared understanding" with the GNU Project
- SuperTuxKart 1.1 could be released "anytime"
See the more archive for news headlines