Ice Window Manager 1.5.5 released
Another minor point release in the 1.5.x branch of the IceWM window-manager is released. A few updated translation files is the only change since version 1.5.4 so there's not very much to get excited about if you are using the development-branch.
For those unfamiliar with IceWM: It is a mature Window-Manager which has been in development since 1997. It does have some features which go beyond pure window-manager such as a system dock and a panel. This is what IceWM v1.5.4 running a few normal programs you're average person would use looks like on Gentoo Linux:
The changes between 1.5.x and the stable 1.4.x branch included in distributions like OpenSUSE 15.1 are quite significant.
You can find a list of these changes over at the https://ice-wm.org/ website where you can also find the 1.5.5 release. Development is currently happening at https://github.com/bbidulock/icewm in case you would like to pull the very latest code.
last edited 2019-06-08
Latest news headlines
- Dozens Of High Profile Twitter Accounts Owned And Used For Bitcoin Scam: "Tough day" For Twitter
- Apple Recommend Not Covering Your Laptops Webcam, Claims It Can Damage Hardware
- The New Wine Vulkan Backend For DirectX 9-11 Is Coming Along Nicely
- The Debian Project Wants You To Tell Them If And Why You Are Using Debian LTS Versions
- SuperTuxKart git20200711 Snapshot Is Released For Android, Linux, and Windows
- Counter-Strike: Global Offensive Has A New Anti-Cheat Trusted Mode
- Linus Torvalds: AVX512 Is "A Hot Mess" "I hope AVX512 dies a painful death"
- Linus Torvalds Has Merged Inclusive-Terminology Rules Into The Linux Kernel Git Tree
- Xfce Classic Brings An Alternative To Those Who Do Not Want Xfce To Become GNOME Light
See the more archive for news headlines