Ice Window Manager 1.5.5 released
Another minor point release in the 1.5.x branch of the IceWM window-manager is released. A few updated translation files is the only change since version 1.5.4 so there's not very much to get excited about if you are using the development-branch.
For those unfamiliar with IceWM: It is a mature Window-Manager which has been in development since 1997. It does have some features which go beyond pure window-manager such as a system dock and a panel. This is what IceWM v1.5.4 running a few normal programs you're average person would use looks like on Gentoo Linux:
The changes between 1.5.x and the stable 1.4.x branch included in distributions like OpenSUSE 15.1 are quite significant.
You can find a list of these changes over at the https://ice-wm.org/ website where you can also find the 1.5.5 release. Development is currently happening at https://github.com/bbidulock/icewm in case you would like to pull the very latest code.
last edited 2019-06-08
Latest news headlines
- Free Software Licenses Are Losing Ground To Permissive Open Source Licenses
- It Never Ends: Two More Intel CPU Vulnerabilities Disclosed
- Linux 5.5 "Kleptomaniac Octopus" Is Released
- The Secret Chronicles of Dr. M. 2.1.0 beta 2 Is Released
- Xow 0.3 Is Released With Rumbe Support For Wireless XBox Dongles
- Util-linux 2.35 Is Released With hwclock Re-Licensed To GNU GPL v3
- Web Browser Showdown: Six Browsers On Four Computers
- KDE Plasma 5.18 Wallpaper Winner Announced
- Rocket League Is Ditching Linux Support
See the more archive for news headlines