GNOME Internet Radio Locator 2.2.0 Is Released
The latest version of the map and location focused radio tuner for GNOME has a number of new radio stations in Europe and Scandinavia available on its map. There's also updated translations for several languages.
The GNOME Internet Radio Locator is a radio tuner which differs from other Internet radio tuners in its focus on location rather than genre. Radio stations are shown on a map using clickable markers. There is a search function which searches by locations - not radio station name.
The latest versions adds a new map marker palette and the following radio stations to the map:
- WTBU (Boston, Massachusetts)
- WBUR (Boston, Massachusetts)
- Midlar (Tórshavn, Faroe Island)
- MBCFM (Dubai, Saudi Arabia)
- Radio Brume (Lyon, France)
- 1431 AM (Thessaloniki, Greece)
- Radioeins (Berlin, Germany)
- ANR (Aalborg, Denmark)
- NRK Sápmi (Kárášjohka, Norway)
- Radio Alta (Alta, Norway)
- Radio Nordkapp (Honningsvåg, Norway).
There is still a notable lack of Asian radio stations available. There are a hand-full of radio stations in China and not a single one both Japan and South Korea.
GNOME Internet Radio Locator is made by Norwegian developer Ole Aamot.
The latest version is available from download.gnome.org as gnome-internet-radio-locator-2.2.0.tar.xz and the development source tree is at gitlab.gnome.org. That is also where the issue tracker is hosted.
The GNOME Internet Radio Locator homepage is at www.gnomeradio.org