GIMP 2.10.12 now available
The latest version of GNU Image Manipulation Program (aka Green Is My Pepper) is mostly a bug-fix release which fixes some "annoying" bugs. There's also some improvements. Most notable is the ability to export TIFF files with layers.
Other improvements to this version of GIMP are in the announcement described as:
- Faster painting
- Improved Curves tool
- Improved symmetry painting support
- Incremental mode in the Dodge/Burn tool
- Free Select tool now creates a preliminary selection
- New Offset tool
"Faster painting" means they've changed the paint buffer so it's only replaced if the pixmap's actually changed. This results in a minor performance-improvement on older systems.
" none of our current developers use Windows and bugs are piling up in our bug tracker for this platform (same can be said on macOS by the way)"
GIMP 2.10.12 still defaults to a depressing one-window all-black theme with black and white icons. We've written a guide called HOWTO make GIMPs interface colorful and happy (again) for those of you who don't spend your life depressing in a corner.
The full release announcement with detailed descriptions of the news features can be read at https://www.gimp.org/news/2019/06/12/gimp-2-10-12-released/
published 2019-06-14 - last edited 2019-06-14
Latest news headlines
- How the ACO Mesa Vulkan Shader Compiler For AMD GPUs Came To Be: From Prototype To Default
- Deepin 20 Is Released
- YooA Bon Voyage Plymouth Theme Now Available
- The Current State Of Gamescope
- Gentoo Linux Starts Offering Pre-Built Kernel Packages
- GNOME 3.38 "Orbis" Is Released
- AV1 Hardware Video Decode Support For AMD RX 6000 Series GPUs Coming In Linux 5.10
- The X.Org Developers Conference 2020 Is About To Go Live
- AMD Reveals Picture Of RX 6000 Series GPU With 2 8-Pin PSU Connectors
See the more archive for news headlines