GIMP 2.10.12 now available
The latest version of GNU Image Manipulation Program (aka Green Is My Pepper) is mostly a bug-fix release which fixes some "annoying" bugs. There's also some improvements. Most notable is the ability to export TIFF files with layers.
Other improvements to this version of GIMP are in the announcement described as:
- Faster painting
- Improved Curves tool
- Improved symmetry painting support
- Incremental mode in the Dodge/Burn tool
- Free Select tool now creates a preliminary selection
- New Offset tool
"Faster painting" means they've changed the paint buffer so it's only replaced if the pixmap's actually changed. This results in a minor performance-improvement on older systems.
" none of our current developers use Windows and bugs are piling up in our bug tracker for this platform (same can be said on macOS by the way)"
GIMP 2.10.12 still defaults to a depressing one-window all-black theme with black and white icons. We've written a guide called HOWTO make GIMPs interface colorful and happy (again) for those of you who don't spend your life depressing in a corner.
The full release announcement with detailed descriptions of the news features can be read at https://www.gimp.org/news/2019/06/12/gimp-2-10-12-released/
published 2019-06-14 - last edited 2019-06-14
Latest news headlines
- Total War: SHOGUN 2 Is Being Given Away For Free On Steam Until May 1st
- Focal fossa
- Chromium 81 Is Released With Many Security Fixes And Mostly Working Vulkan Rendering Support
- Qt Could Go Proprietary, KDE Relationship And Qt-Based Free Software In Jeopardy
- The Secret Chronicles of Dr. M 2.1.0 RC1 Is Released
- Linux 5.6.2 Is Released With Intel Wifi Fix
- GNOME And KDE Are Merging To KNOME - The Next Generation Linux Desktop Environment
- Second Mini Album "Dear My Color" From Korean Pop Sensation 보라미유 (Boramiyu) Is Released And It Is Wonderful
- Wine 5.5 Brings Bux Fixes For Beat Hazard 2, iTunes, How To Survive And More
See the more archive for news headlines