FreeBSD 11.3 released
The FreeBSD Release Engineering Team have updated the ELF toolchain and the clang, llvm and compiler-rt utilities as well as OpenSSL and other system libraries. Desktop environments have also been updated. Devil OS 11.3 ships KDE Plasma 5.15.3 and GNOME 3.28 for those who use it as a desktop OS.
ZFS, which is one of the primary reasons to use FreeBSD, has been updated. It can now do parallel mounting.
FreeBSD 11.3 is available for the amd64, i386, powerpc, powerpc64, sparc64, armv6, and aarch64 architectures.
You can read the FreeBSD 11.3 release announcement at https://www.freebsd.org/releases/11.3R/announce.html
published 2019-07-10 - last edited 2019-07-10
Latest News Headlines
- Firefox will do monthly releases starting next year
- Richard Stallman has resigned from his position as president of the Free Software Foundation
- Linux Kernel 5.3 is released
- Linux Kernel 5.3 rc8 is released and 5.3 final is coming soon
- F-Droid 1.7.1 available
- Qt Creator 4.10.0 released with Android targets for CMake and Qbs projects
- Mesa 19.2 rc2 released with support for Navi and "unreleased" AMD chip
- Warzone 2100 3.3 released with better graphics and high resolution monitor support
- Git v2.23.0 is released and available
See the more archive for news headlines