F-Droid 1.7.1 available
There's not much new in the latest version of the free software Android appstore. There is no mention of version 1.7.1 in the changelog and there is no news on the f-droid website. A close-up inspection of the gitlab repository indicates that only a donation related file has been changed since 1.7 was released early last month.
The f-droid changelog mentions changes to F-Droid version 1.7 and that is the latest version listed in that file. A glance at fdroidclient on gitlab indicates that only
FUNDING.yml is changed since 1.7 was released early last month and this may be why there is no mention of F-Droid version 1.7.1 in the changelog. The funding file appears to be related to the sponsors feature Microsoft Github launched back in May. F-Droid is developed on gitlab not github but it never hurts to beg for money where you can.
A lot of the the applications available in the appstore have been updated since last month. We feel compelled to mention that OSMand is a great map and navigation program which allows you to download maps and navigate without any network connection. There is also the very sensible and easy to use Vanilla Music Player. These and other great free software programs can easily be installed using the F-Droid appstore for Android which is available from f-droid.org.
published 2019-09-06 - last edited 2019-09-06
Latest News Headlines
- Richard Stallman has resigned from his position as president of the Free Software Foundation
- Linux Kernel 5.3 is released
- Linux Kernel 5.3 rc8 is released and 5.3 final is coming soon
- Qt Creator 4.10.0 released with Android targets for CMake and Qbs projects
- Mesa 19.2 rc2 released with support for Navi and "unreleased" AMD chip
- Warzone 2100 3.3 released with better graphics and high resolution monitor support
- Git v2.23.0 is released and available
- Fedora 31 is branched: Here are the high-lights in the next Fedora version
See the more archive for news headlines