Dooble Web Browser 2020.07.07 Is Released
The mysterious developer "textfield" has released a new version the Dooble web browser which is desribed in the bundled README.md as a "weather bug browser". The Dooble browser uses the mature Qt5 webview module to render web pages. It supports tabs and most other features you would expect from a simpler modern web browser. The latest release adds HiDPI and Qt 5.15 support.
written by 林慧 (Wai Lin). published 2020-07-06 - last edited 2020-07-07
- Native Qt HMAC.
- dooble_settings::setting() may not return the provided default value if a database-access error occurs. Corrected.
It also mentions that you may want to:
- Please remove dooble_settings.db if Dooble does not launch correctly. Qt 5.15.0 LTS.
The new version installs to
/opt/ instead of
/usr/local if you install using the Debian .deb package available at SourceForge. There is also some kind of
.dmg file which may or may not be for macOS available there. Those using other GNU/Linux distributions or other operating systems like FreeBSD will have to compile it and figure out how to install it on their own. Fedora users can use these instructions for Fedora. Dooble has a GitHub page with source code.
- The Massive Intel Leak: The Files It Contains And Their Content
- Wine 5.02 Brings 46 Bug-Fixes To The Stable Wine Branch
- Wine 5.14 Brings 26 Bug-Fixes To The Wine Development Branch
- 20 GiB Internal Intel Document Motherload Is Now Available In Dark Corners Of The Internet
- Mesa 20.1.5 Is Released With 29 Bug-Fixes And SDMA Disabled On Vega GPUs
- Mozilla Is Rolling Out Redirect Tracking Protection In Firefox In A Somewhat Concerning Fashion
- Linux Desktop Market Share Steady at 0.8-3.5% In July 2020
- Linux 5.8 Is Released And It The Largest Release Of All Time
- Firefox 79 Is Released With 10 Security Fixes