BlackArch Linux 2019.06.01 brought Back From the Future is Now Available
Version 2019.06.01 of the Arch Linux based Live ISO penetration testing distribution is now available with 150 new security tools, kernel version 5.1.4 and updated packages across the board.
The distribution's ISO weighs in at 12 GB so you need a 16 GB USB stick to apply. There is also a smaller 650 MB net installer image in case you really want to install it on your machine and get that tingly black-hat feeling.
BlackArch Linux is meant to be put on a USB stick and booted at locations where you are kindly asked to test the local networks security or break into a machine in order to recover a password for someone who forgot it.
- The announcement can be read in the BlackArch blog at https://blackarch.org/blog.html
- You can find a .torrent at https://blackarch.org/downloads.html
- A apparently unfinished manual can be read at https://blackarch.org/blackarch-guide-en.pdf
There's no details as to what exploit was found and used to make the distribution available one week before it's release.
last edited 2019-05-26
Latest news headlines
- Mesa 19.3.0 Is Released With ACO shader compiler for AMD GPUs And OpenGL 4.6 Support
- Wasteland 2 Director's Cut Is Available For Free on GoG The Next 26 Hours
- Linux Version Of Microsoft Teams Is Now Available
- DXVK DirectX To Vulkan Translation Layer Development Halts To A Grind
- KDEs "Season of KDE 2020" Student Program is Open For Enrolment
- The American Senate Wants Secure Encryption With Government Backdoors
- Gooroom Cloud OS v2.0 RC1 Is Released With Focus Server-Side "Apps"
- Linux Kernel 5.5 "Kleptomaniac Octopus" RC1 Is Released With Live Patching, Reworked Fair Scheduler And More
- Firefox 71 Released With Built-In MP3 Decoding, 12 Security Fixes and Some Breakage
See the more archive for news headlines