BlackArch Linux 2019.06.01 brought Back From the Future is Now Available
Version 2019.06.01 of the Arch Linux based Live ISO penetration testing distribution is now available with 150 new security tools, kernel version 5.1.4 and updated packages across the board.
The distribution's ISO weighs in at 12 GB so you need a 16 GB USB stick to apply. There is also a smaller 650 MB net installer image in case you really want to install it on your machine and get that tingly black-hat feeling.
BlackArch Linux is meant to be put on a USB stick and booted at locations where you are kindly asked to test the local networks security or break into a machine in order to recover a password for someone who forgot it.
- The announcement can be read in the BlackArch blog at https://blackarch.org/blog.html
- You can find a .torrent at https://blackarch.org/downloads.html
- A apparently unfinished manual can be read at https://blackarch.org/blackarch-guide-en.pdf
There's no details as to what exploit was found and used to make the distribution available one week before it's release.
last edited 2019-05-26
Latest news headlines
- Git v2.23.0 is released and available
- Fedora 31 is branched: Here are the high-lights in the next Fedora version
- Creating Worms exploiting Windows Remote Desktop Vulnerabilities knock on port 3389
- Happy Birthday Debian
- AMD finally submits kernel patch for broken RDRAND on older AMD APUs
- Tor Snowflake launched as a censorship countermeasure for the The Onion Router network
- Treasure-trove of internal Google documents showing censorship and bias leaked by insider
- Linux Kernel 5.3-rc4 released
- Xfce 4.14 Released
See the more archive for news headlines