BlackArch Linux 2019.06.01 brought Back From the Future is Now Available
Version 2019.06.01 of the Arch Linux based Live ISO penetration testing distribution is now available with 150 new security tools, kernel version 5.1.4 and updated packages across the board.
The distribution's ISO weighs in at 12 GB so you need a 16 GB USB stick to apply. There is also a smaller 650 MB net installer image in case you really want to install it on your machine and get that tingly black-hat feeling.
BlackArch Linux is meant to be put on a USB stick and booted at locations where you are kindly asked to test the local networks security or break into a machine in order to recover a password for someone who forgot it.
- The announcement can be read in the BlackArch blog at https://blackarch.org/blog.html
- You can find a .torrent at https://blackarch.org/downloads.html
- A apparently unfinished manual can be read at https://blackarch.org/blackarch-guide-en.pdf
There's no details as to what exploit was found and used to make the distribution available one week before it's release.
last edited 2019-05-26
Latest news headlines
- Dozens Of High Profile Twitter Accounts Owned And Used For Bitcoin Scam: "Tough day" For Twitter
- Apple Recommend Not Covering Your Laptops Webcam, Claims It Can Damage Hardware
- The New Wine Vulkan Backend For DirectX 9-11 Is Coming Along Nicely
- The Debian Project Wants You To Tell Them If And Why You Are Using Debian LTS Versions
- SuperTuxKart git20200711 Snapshot Is Released For Android, Linux, and Windows
- Counter-Strike: Global Offensive Has A New Anti-Cheat Trusted Mode
- Linus Torvalds: AVX512 Is "A Hot Mess" "I hope AVX512 dies a painful death"
- Linus Torvalds Has Merged Inclusive-Terminology Rules Into The Linux Kernel Git Tree
- Xfce Classic Brings An Alternative To Those Who Do Not Want Xfce To Become GNOME Light
See the more archive for news headlines