The state of software in schools and what to do about it
This talk will briefly addresses why free software is important in education and provide examples of how proprietary software is rapidly deployed in schools.
Original story by LibrePlanet 2021 and the Free Software Foundation. Published 2021-03-22, Originally published 2021-03-21.
This work is available under the Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike license.
This presentation aims to help people:
- rise up against this injustice, big and small,
- share time and resources which will be shared by and for participants,
- provide a safe discussion space to address issues in education,
- generate ideas for how to become active in their community to be included in an Action Guide,
- connect with others who are interested in helping the cause for free software in education spheres.
To add ways to help with free software in education and to share your kill set, go to: https://pad.riseup.net/p/freesoftwareineducation.
I'm Mariah. I’m passionate about learning and software freedom. I've worked in formal and informal learning environments for close to ten years, while deepening my practice of using free software and restorative justice with students."