Rackspace's Free Hosting For Free Software Program Has Ended
Rackspace had a very nice "free hosting" program for free software projects going the last 10 years. It's over, they ended the program and everyone who signed up for free hosting are getting bills for full retail rate starting with January 2020. It is time to move elsewhere if you thought they would host your free software project for free forever.
written by 권유리 (Kwon Yu-ri). published 2020-02-08 - last edited 2020-02-08
Rackspace did send out a not really notification about them ending their free hosting for free software projects program in the form of an e-mail telling users to login to their administration panel to see some message from them. Those who didn't bother to do so are now unexpectedly getting bills for January 2020.
It is time to take action and move on (or pay up) if you took advantage of Rackspace's free hosting for free software program.
We do feel compelled to point out that if you took advantage of this program and you complain that you..
"created over 400 compartmentalized accounts over the past 5 years. It will take weeks for me to shut down."
..then it is fair to say that you were probably grossly abusing their kindness to a degree where it is understandable that Rackspace decided to close that door.
- Linux Desktop Market Share Steady at 0.8-3.5% In July 2020
- Linux 5.8 Is Released And It The Largest Release Of All Time
- Firefox 79 Is Released With 10 Security Fixes
- We Are Still Waiting For Microsoft Edge For Linux
- HTTPS Security Certificates Will Soon Have To Be Limited To A One Year Long Life-Time To Be Valid
- Xfwm4 4.14.3 Is Released With X-Resource Extension Support
- Manjaro Linux Lead Developer In Hot Waters Over Donation Slush Fund For Laptop And Personal Items
- GNOME Proposal Aims To Make GNOME Applications More Environment Friendly By Optimizing Them
- Thunar 4.15.1 Brings A Pause Button On Copy/Move File Operations And Much More