KDE Plasma has a new notification system ready
The KDE Plasma notification code has been completely rewritten from the ground up. It's now got a "Do Not Disturb" mode, ability to show "critical" notification in full-screen applications, intelligent history with grouping, better notification for file operations, multi-monitor support and advanced configuration in the "System settings" page.
The git commit which implements all of this is quite large.
Here's what it looks like:
There are quite a few screenshots like this one in developer Kai Uwe Broulik's blog.
In related news, Dolphin and Places in some other programs as well as the open/save dialogs will now display FUSE-mounted filesystems.
It is nice to see KDE Plasma developers making a lot of interesting improvements. We are looking forward to the next release.
last edited 2019-05-19
Latest news headlines
- Free Software Licenses Are Losing Ground To Permissive Open Source Licenses
- It Never Ends: Two More Intel CPU Vulnerabilities Disclosed
- Linux 5.5 "Kleptomaniac Octopus" Is Released
- The Secret Chronicles of Dr. M. 2.1.0 beta 2 Is Released
- Xow 0.3 Is Released With Rumbe Support For Wireless XBox Dongles
- Util-linux 2.35 Is Released With hwclock Re-Licensed To GNU GPL v3
- Web Browser Showdown: Six Browsers On Four Computers
- KDE Plasma 5.18 Wallpaper Winner Announced
- Rocket League Is Ditching Linux Support
See the more archive for news headlines