KDE Plasma has a new notification system ready
The KDE Plasma notification code has been completely rewritten from the ground up. It's now got a "Do Not Disturb" mode, ability to show "critical" notification in full-screen applications, intelligent history with grouping, better notification for file operations, multi-monitor support and advanced configuration in the "System settings" page.
The git commit which implements all of this is quite large.
Here's what it looks like:
There are quite a few screenshots like this one in developer Kai Uwe Broulik's blog.
In related news, Dolphin and Places in some other programs as well as the open/save dialogs will now display FUSE-mounted filesystems.
It is nice to see KDE Plasma developers making a lot of interesting improvements. We are looking forward to the next release.
last edited 2019-05-19
Latest news headlines
- It's over, Kubuntu 18.10 Cosmic Cuttlefish is EOL
- Xfce Image Viewer Ristretto 0.8.5 released
- New Steam Clients Available with Faster Game Downloads
- User-friendly XMPP client Kaidan 0.4.1 released
- AMD Navi Support is merged into the upcoming Linux Kernel 5.3
- KDE Connect now lets you connect your Mac to Android phones and Linux desktops
- Happy birthday KDE Plama 5
- Microsoft's Terms of Service Updated to be even more Draconian
- AntiX 19 beta 2 released
See the more archive for news headlines