KDE Plasma has a new notification system ready
The KDE Plasma notification code has been completely rewritten from the ground up. It's now got a "Do Not Disturb" mode, ability to show "critical" notification in full-screen applications, intelligent history with grouping, better notification for file operations, multi-monitor support and advanced configuration in the "System settings" page.
The git commit which implements all of this is quite large.
Here's what it looks like:
There are quite a few screenshots like this one in developer Kai Uwe Broulik's blog.
In related news, Dolphin and Places in some other programs as well as the open/save dialogs will now display FUSE-mounted filesystems.
It is nice to see KDE Plasma developers making a lot of interesting improvements. We are looking forward to the next release.
last edited 2019-05-19
Latest news headlines
- Firefox will do monthly releases starting next year
- Richard Stallman has resigned from his position as president of the Free Software Foundation
- Linux Kernel 5.3 is released
- Linux Kernel 5.3 rc8 is released and 5.3 final is coming soon
- F-Droid 1.7.1 available
- Qt Creator 4.10.0 released with Android targets for CMake and Qbs projects
- Mesa 19.2 rc2 released with support for Navi and "unreleased" AMD chip
- Warzone 2100 3.3 released with better graphics and high resolution monitor support
- Git v2.23.0 is released and available
See the more archive for news headlines