GNU Guix version 1.0.1 released
The GNU project is "pleased" to announce a new release of GNU Guix just two weeks after the release of v1.0. It is primarily a bug-fix release which addresses a rather embarrassing bug in the graphical installer, among other things. There has been 706 new commits by 40 people since the release of version 1.0.
There were bugs in the system
A bug in the graphical installer in v1.0 would make a configuration without
%base-packages in the
packages field resulting in an installation without basic commands like ls, ps and so on in
$PATH. This would in turn prevent Xfce, the default Guix desktop, from starting. That very serious problem on a fresh installation is known as bug #35541.
There's also other bug-fixes relating to wireless network connectivity in the installer.
guix system container has gotten a
guix system is used to quickly create containers and these can now share networking access with the host thanks to this option.
- The full release announcement can be read at https://www.gnu.org/software/guix/blog/2019/gnu-guix-1.0.1-released/
- GNU Guix v1.0.1 can be downloaded from https://www.gnu.org/software/guix/
last edited 2019-05-20
Latest news headlines
- Dozens Of High Profile Twitter Accounts Owned And Used For Bitcoin Scam: "Tough day" For Twitter
- Apple Recommend Not Covering Your Laptops Webcam, Claims It Can Damage Hardware
- The New Wine Vulkan Backend For DirectX 9-11 Is Coming Along Nicely
- The Debian Project Wants You To Tell Them If And Why You Are Using Debian LTS Versions
- SuperTuxKart git20200711 Snapshot Is Released For Android, Linux, and Windows
- Counter-Strike: Global Offensive Has A New Anti-Cheat Trusted Mode
- Linus Torvalds: AVX512 Is "A Hot Mess" "I hope AVX512 dies a painful death"
- Linus Torvalds Has Merged Inclusive-Terminology Rules Into The Linux Kernel Git Tree
- Xfce Classic Brings An Alternative To Those Who Do Not Want Xfce To Become GNOME Light
See the more archive for news headlines