GNU Guix version 1.0.1 released
The GNU project is "pleased" to announce a new release of GNU Guix just two weeks after the release of v1.0. It is primarily a bug-fix release which addresses a rather embarrassing bug in the graphical installer, among other things. There has been 706 new commits by 40 people since the release of version 1.0.
There were bugs in the system
A bug in the graphical installer in v1.0 would make a configuration without
%base-packages in the
packages field resulting in an installation without basic commands like ls, ps and so on in
$PATH. This would in turn prevent Xfce, the default Guix desktop, from starting. That very serious problem on a fresh installation is known as bug #35541.
There's also other bug-fixes relating to wireless network connectivity in the installer.
guix system container has gotten a
guix system is used to quickly create containers and these can now share networking access with the host thanks to this option.
- The full release announcement can be read at https://www.gnu.org/software/guix/blog/2019/gnu-guix-1.0.1-released/
- GNU Guix v1.0.1 can be downloaded from https://www.gnu.org/software/guix/
last edited 2019-05-20
Latest news headlines
- Mesa 19.3.0 Is Released With ACO shader compiler for AMD GPUs And OpenGL 4.6 Support
- Wasteland 2 Director's Cut Is Available For Free on GoG The Next 26 Hours
- Linux Version Of Microsoft Teams Is Now Available
- DXVK DirectX To Vulkan Translation Layer Development Halts To A Grind
- KDEs "Season of KDE 2020" Student Program is Open For Enrolment
- The American Senate Wants Secure Encryption With Government Backdoors
- Gooroom Cloud OS v2.0 RC1 Is Released With Focus Server-Side "Apps"
- Linux Kernel 5.5 "Kleptomaniac Octopus" RC1 Is Released With Live Patching, Reworked Fair Scheduler And More
- Firefox 71 Released With Built-In MP3 Decoding, 12 Security Fixes and Some Breakage
See the more archive for news headlines