GNU Guix version 1.0.1 released
The GNU project is "pleased" to announce a new release of GNU Guix just two weeks after the release of v1.0. It is primarily a bug-fix release which addresses a rather embarrassing bug in the graphical installer, among other things. There has been 706 new commits by 40 people since the release of version 1.0.
There were bugs in the system
A bug in the graphical installer in v1.0 would make a configuration without
%base-packages in the
packages field resulting in an installation without basic commands like ls, ps and so on in
$PATH. This would in turn prevent Xfce, the default Guix desktop, from starting. That very serious problem on a fresh installation is known as bug #35541.
There's also other bug-fixes relating to wireless network connectivity in the installer.
guix system container has gotten a
guix system is used to quickly create containers and these can now share networking access with the host thanks to this option.
- The full release announcement can be read at https://www.gnu.org/software/guix/blog/2019/gnu-guix-1.0.1-released/
- GNU Guix v1.0.1 can be downloaded from https://www.gnu.org/software/guix/
last edited 2019-05-20
Latest news headlines
- Git v2.23.0 is released and available
- Fedora 31 is branched: Here are the high-lights in the next Fedora version
- Creating Worms exploiting Windows Remote Desktop Vulnerabilities knock on port 3389
- Happy Birthday Debian
- AMD finally submits kernel patch for broken RDRAND on older AMD APUs
- Tor Snowflake launched as a censorship countermeasure for the The Onion Router network
- Treasure-trove of internal Google documents showing censorship and bias leaked by insider
- Linux Kernel 5.3-rc4 released
- Xfce 4.14 Released
See the more archive for news headlines