Free racing game SuperTuxKart version 1.0 released
The Mario Kart inspired racing-game SuperTuxKart has reached the 1.0 milestone after 12 years of development. New to version 1.0 is a networked multiplayer mode which works on LANs and servers on the Internet including ranked servers ran by the SuperTuxKart team.
Online multi-player modes includes normal races, time trial, soccer mode, battle-mode and a new Capture-The-Flag mode.
It really is a quite fun and entertaining game. It is best played with some kind of gamepad but it's fine with a keyboard too.
You can click here to install on Ubuntu or download it from the SuperTuxKart website. SuperTuxKart is available for Linux, Windows, macOS and Android too. The hardware requirements are quite low, you need a good graphics card to play at high settings at 4k but it will also work just fine on a laptop with a iGPU at 1080p with low settings. Have fun.
See also: SuperTuxKart review
Latest news headlines
- New WJSN album "For The Summer" coming in 7 days
- GNOME 3.33.2 released
- Linux 5.1.5 released with IMPORTANT Fix for Users of Encrypted LVM volumes on SSDs
- Intel's back on top
- BlackArch Linux 2019.06.01 brought Back From the Future is Now Available
- GNOME Developers have Made Their Moves against Themes
- KDE's Kate text editor has too many bugs, developers call for help
- Microsoft GitHub launches "Sponsors" feature allowing users to Pay Open Source Developers
- K-Pop group Pristin has disbanded
- Will Huawei laptop improvements get accepted into the Linux kernel?
- GNOME will have 10 Students making "Improvements" during Google's Summer of Code
See the more archive for news headlines