Free racing game SuperTuxKart version 1.0 released
The Mario Kart inspired racing-game SuperTuxKart has reached the 1.0 milestone after 12 years of development. New to version 1.0 is a networked multiplayer mode which works on LANs and servers on the Internet including ranked servers ran by the SuperTuxKart team.
Online multi-player modes includes normal races, time trial, soccer mode, battle-mode and a new Capture-The-Flag mode.
It really is a quite fun and entertaining game. It is best played with some kind of gamepad but it's fine with a keyboard too.
You can click here to install on Ubuntu or download it from the SuperTuxKart website. SuperTuxKart is available for Linux, Windows, macOS and Android too. The hardware requirements are quite low, you need a good graphics card to play at high settings at 4k but it will also work just fine on a laptop with a iGPU at 1080p with low settings. Have fun.
See also: SuperTuxKart review
last edited 2019-05-03
Latest news headlines
- Serious Buffer Overflow Vulnerability In The Bitcoin Core Client Disclosed
- China Is Number 1 In Number Of SuperComputers And All The Top 10 Systems Run Linux
- Googles Stadia Gaming Service Is Launching Today
- Linux Kernel Disables Coffee Lakes HPET On The Grounds That It Is "Unreliable"
- Linux Distributions Running On Intel CPUs Are About To Get A Lot Slower
- Thunar 1.8.11 "Emergency" Release Available, Fixes Startup Crashes on FreeBSD, Fedora and Gentoo
- Xfce Video Player Parole v1.0.5 Is Released
- Mesa 19.2.4 Emergency Release Available
- Two New Motherboards FSF Certificed As Freedom-Respecting: Talos II Mainboard and Talos II Lite
See the more archive for news headlines