Free racing game SuperTuxKart version 1.0 released
The Mario Kart inspired racing-game SuperTuxKart has reached the 1.0 milestone after 12 years of development. New to version 1.0 is a networked multiplayer mode which works on LANs and servers on the Internet including ranked servers ran by the SuperTuxKart team.
Online multi-player modes includes normal races, time trial, soccer mode, battle-mode and a new Capture-The-Flag mode.
It really is a quite fun and entertaining game. It is best played with some kind of gamepad but it's fine with a keyboard too.
You can click here to install on Ubuntu or download it from the SuperTuxKart website. SuperTuxKart is available for Linux, Windows, macOS and Android too. The hardware requirements are quite low, you need a good graphics card to play at high settings at 4k but it will also work just fine on a laptop with a iGPU at 1080p with low settings. Have fun.
See also: SuperTuxKart review
last edited 2019-05-03
Latest news headlines
- Firefox will do monthly releases starting next year
- Richard Stallman has resigned from his position as president of the Free Software Foundation
- Linux Kernel 5.3 is released
- Linux Kernel 5.3 rc8 is released and 5.3 final is coming soon
- F-Droid 1.7.1 available
- Qt Creator 4.10.0 released with Android targets for CMake and Qbs projects
- Mesa 19.2 rc2 released with support for Navi and "unreleased" AMD chip
- Warzone 2100 3.3 released with better graphics and high resolution monitor support
- Git v2.23.0 is released and available
See the more archive for news headlines