Bitcoin Core 0.18.1 Released
The new minor version of the Bitcoin Core wallet software for storing and managing the crypto-currency BTC has some minor bug fixes, performance improvements and updated translations. Tor users will be happy to learn that this Bitcoin Core version does not hang for ages when it's shut down while it's connected to the Tor network. Bitcoin Core 0.18.1 is available for GNU/Linux, Windows and macOS.
There's basically nothing new since 0.18.1 rc1 two weeks ago but there is a lot of changes since 0.18.0. The network-related code has these changes:
- #15990 Add tests and documentation for blocksonly (MarcoFalke)
- #16021 Avoid logging transaction decode errors to stderr (MarcoFalke)
- #16405 fix: tor: Call `event_base_loopbreak` from the event's callback (promag)
- #16412 Make poll in InterruptibleRecv only filter for POLLIN events (tecnovert)
The Wallet code has seen one change since 0.18.0 which was not present in 0.18.1rc1:
- #15913 Add -ignorepartialspends to list of ignored wallet options (luke-jr)
There's some changes related to APIs and remote procedure calls (RPC):
- #15991 Bugfix: fix pruneblockchain returned prune height (jonasschnelli)
- #15899 Document iswitness flag and fix bug in converttopsbt (MarcoFalke)
- #16026 Ensure that uncompressed public keys in a multisig always returns a legacy address (achow101)
- #14039 Disallow extended encoding for non-witness transactions (sipa)
- #16210 add 2nd arg to signrawtransactionwithkey examples (dooglus)
- #16250 signrawtransactionwithkey: report error when missing redeemScript/witnessScript (ajtowns)
The still not at all user-friendly graphical interface has seen some changes too:
- #16044 fix the bug of OPEN CONFIGURATION FILE on Mac (shannon1916)
- #15957 Show "No wallets available" in open menu instead of nothing (meshcollider)
- #16118 Enable open wallet menu on setWalletController (promag)
- #16135 Set progressDialog to nullptr (promag)
- #16231 Fix open wallet menu initialization order (promag)
- #16254 Set `AA_EnableHighDpiScaling` attribute early (hebasto)
- #16122 Enable console line edit on setClientModel (promag)
- #16348 Assert QMetaObject::invokeMethod result (promag)
There's also some changes to the build system and the internal tests.
There is one known problem in this release: Users who use multiple different wallets and have enabled the coin control features (allows you to select what inputs are used as outputs in a transaction) can end up with a "wrong-wallet state" when switching between wallets using the drop-down menu. The Bitcoin Core developers recommend not using the coin control features when multiple wallets are loaded.
BTC is currently trading at $11765 with a yearly low of $3405 and a yearly high at $13764.