Raspberry Pi 4
Raspberry Pi is a series of single-board computers based on ARM cores from the UK-based The Raspberry Pi Foundation. The Pi 4 has a quad-core 64-bit ARM Cortex-A72 CPU running at 1.5 GHz with gigabit Ethernet, wireless AC and Bluetooth networking. It runs hotter than previous models and requires a heat-sink. It was released in June, 2019.
- 1.5GHz quad-core 64-bit ARM Cortex-A72 CPU
- 4 GB, 2GB or 1 GB LPDDR4 SDRAM options
- Gigabit Ethernet over wifi-cable
- Wireless 802.11 AC networking (Wifi 5)
- Bluetooth 5.0
- Two USB 3.0 and two USB 2.0 ports
- Dual monitor support using two type-D (micro) HDMI connectors with support for up to 4K resolutions
- VideoCore VI graphics, OpenGL ES 3.x
- 4Kp60 hardware decoding of HEVC video
The Pasperry Pi 4 supports a wide range of Linux distributions which have ARM editions.
Debian is the "officially supported" distribution endorsed by the Rasperry Pi foundation. Their version of Debian, customized for the Raspberry Pi series, can be acquired from https://www.raspberrypi.org/downloads/