Xfce4-whiskermenu-plugin 2.3.3 released
Xfce's team describes the Whiskermenu as "An alternate menu". That may be true in theory but in practice it's the default standard menu on most distributions. The new version has translation updates for Bulgarian, Czech, Danish, Galician, Icelandic and Nepali. It also removes a partial crash-fix for crashes caused by garcon.
The release notes for 2.3.3 are:
- Removed workaround for garcon that did not always fix crash.
- Translation updates: Bulgarian, Czech, Danish, Galician, Icelandic, Nepali.
Why was this crash fix removed, you may wonder. An anonymous source in the Xfce developer community explained that:
"There was a bug in garcon that crashed whatever used it while .desktop files were being updated. The whiskermenu author implemented a workaround that worked partially and now removed it because garcon was fixed."
Xfce 4.13pre3 was released on July 28th. This was the last pre-release before 4.14. The 4.14 final version will be released on August 11th.
published 2019-08-08 - last edited 2019-08-08
Latest Xfce News
- Xfce 4.14 Released
- Xfce Image Viewer Ristretto 0.10.0 released
- Xfce 4.14pre3 Released
- Thunar 1.8.8 released
- Xfce Image Viewer Ristretto 0.8.5 released
Latest News Headlines
- Git v2.23.0 is released and available
- Fedora 31 is branched: Here are the high-lights in the next Fedora version
- Creating Worms exploiting Windows Remote Desktop Vulnerabilities knock on port 3389
- Happy Birthday Debian