Xfce4-whiskermenu-plugin 2.3.3 released
Xfce's team describes the Whiskermenu as "An alternate menu". That may be true in theory but in practice it's the default standard menu on most distributions. The new version has translation updates for Bulgarian, Czech, Danish, Galician, Icelandic and Nepali. It also removes a partial crash-fix for crashes caused by garcon.
The release notes for 2.3.3 are:
- Removed workaround for garcon that did not always fix crash.
- Translation updates: Bulgarian, Czech, Danish, Galician, Icelandic, Nepali.
Why was this crash fix removed, you may wonder. An anonymous source in the Xfce developer community explained that:
"There was a bug in garcon that crashed whatever used it while .desktop files were being updated. The whiskermenu author implemented a workaround that worked partially and now removed it because garcon was fixed."
Xfce 4.13pre3 was released on July 28th. This was the last pre-release before 4.14. The 4.14 final version will be released on August 11th.
published 2019-08-08 - last edited 2019-08-08
Latest Xfce News
- Thunar 1.8.14 Is Released
- Thunar 1.8.13 Is Released With Unfortunate Bug That Makes It Useless As A File Manager
- Xfce4-screensaver 0.1.9 Is Released With A Critical Security Fix
- Xfburn 0.6.2 Is Released
- Xfce4-whiskermenu-plugin 2.4.0 Greatly Improves The Alternative Xfce Desktop Menu
- Thunar 1.8.12 Is Out
Latest News Headlines
- Mstdn.jp Is Back After Hours Of Downtime Due Post Containing Islamic Terrorist Material
- Older Ubuntu Server Version Have Gained Support For AMD Rome Processors
- Glib-networking up to 2.64.2 accepts any TLS certificate as valid for any domain
- New Hong Kong Security Law Could Slow SuperTuxKart Development