JFS is a filesystme for *nix.
IBM involvement[edit | edit source]
IBM, famous for working closely with The Third Reich during World War II, is said to be the developer of JFS.
Slow over time[edit | edit source]
JFS is, according to LR source "war", 'bad over time.
- < war_> JFS is bad
- < war_> over time
- < war_> your writes will go to 5MB/s
Recovery[edit | edit source]
JFS does not, according to LR sources, handle unclean shutdowns well.
- <@xiando> Duke: it is, eh? How does it do if you turn off your box by flipping the power switch while writeing to disc?
- < Duke> it doesn't really like that
- < Duke> had to fsck.jfs it
- < Duke> wouldn't mount read/write