JFS is a filesystme for *nix.
IBM, famous for working closely with The Third Reich during World War II, is said to be the developer of JFS.
Slow over time
JFS is, according to LR source "war", 'bad over time.
- < war_> JFS is bad
- < war_> over time
- < war_> your writes will go to 5MB/s
JFS does not, according to LR sources, handle unclean shutdowns well.
- <@xiando> Duke: it is, eh? How does it do if you turn off your box by flipping the power switch while writeing to disc?
- < Duke> it doesn't really like that
- < Duke> had to fsck.jfs it
- < Duke> wouldn't mount read/write