Creating a new package in AUR can be done in 3 minutes. You need git (run git gui) and an AUR account.
- create an AUR account at AUR.archlinux.org
- generate ssh keys and upload the pubkey into your new AUR account (aur.archlinux.org/account....)
- adopt an orphaned package at AUR from the package menu at AUR website
- git clone the former orphan, modify and upload (git push) the package from "git gui" , using your credentials from the AUR account (git gui preferences menu)
- Done! You now have your own package accessible for millions of Arch derivate users such as Manjaro.
Now you get the drift. Creating an altogether new package follows the same scheme essentially: git init , add remote (with say, gitlab or lauchpad) and so forth.