HOWTO get Korean input on Linux Mint
From LinuxReviewsJump to navigationJump to search
Linux Mint is one of the easiest distros to install the Korean keyboard on.
Linux Mint 2021 - Cinnamon Edition
- Open System Settings, and select Input
- Click Korean
- Click Install
- Beside "Input method framework" at the top, select "Fcitx" from the dropdown
- Log out and back in again
- Right click Fcitx in your system tray (bottom right), select Configure
- At the bottom left of Fcitx, click the
- Deselect "Only show current language"
- Add Hangul, and click Ok
To type in Korean, open an app that supports Korean fonts (i.e. a web browser) and hit CTRL + Space to swap between input languages.