Kdenlive 19.12.2 Is Released With Bug Fixes And Qt 5.14 Compatibility
The latest minor bug-fix release of the free software Kdenlive video editor is compatible with the new Qt 5.14 toolkit. Earlier versions compiled againts Qt 5.14 would just crash when creating a new project. There are also code cleanups and bug fixes in several other areas. It still has a long way to go in terms of stability. This release is at least a step in the right direction.
written by 윤채경 (Yoon Chae-kyung). published 2020-02-08 - last edited 2020-02-08
The latest stable version of kdenlive will let you create a new video project without crashing when it is compiled against Qt 5.14. It also fixes index corruption when a track is deleted. There are also some code clean-ups and UI tweaks in this release.
The "stable" kdenlive branch is still not very stable as of 19.12.2. It is step in the right direction but kdenlive still has a long way to go when it comes to stability before professionals, or even hobbyists, can use it to do serious video editing work. Playing around with it and the available effects for 5 minutes is enough to make it crash in one way or another.
AppImages, Snap packages and Flatpak images as well as distribution-specific packages for 8 distributions are available at kdenlive.org/en/download/. There is also a Windows version of 19.12.1 available on that page, updated Windows binaries for 19.12.2 are not yet available.
- Humble Bundle Has A Huge Sale With Many Native Linux Games
- Wine 5.2 Is Released With 22 Bug-Fixes And New Features
- Mutazione Got A Native Linux Version
- Cantata 2.4.0 Is Released
- Firefox 73 and 68.5.0esr Are Released With Security Updates
- Tor Browser Bundle 9.0.5 Is Released And You Should Upgrade To It
- Mesa 20.0.0-rc3 Is Released With Barely Nothing New Since rc2
- Wondering What Is On A Child's Computer? The United Kingdom's "National Crime Agency" Can Help
- 30+ South Korean Governmental Organizations, Local Governments And Schools Have Switched To Linux