The Xfce team is proud to announce the release of Thunar 1.8.5
A new stable release of the lightweight yet powerful file manager Thunar is now available. It is primarily meant for the GTK-based Xfce desktop environment but can be used with on any desktop. Version 1.8.5 has many bug fixes and a whole lot of translation updates.
Xfce developers are working very hard on Xfce 4.14 scheduled for release mid-August 2019. The new polished Thunar version is a result of that effort.
The fixed bugs
- Do not exit when dbus name registration fails (Bug #15149)
- tree view jumps (scrolls) when clicking on a directory (Bug #15174)
- Correctly check if destination is writable (Bug #14718)
- Make tree-view 'Move to Trash' icon the same as in main pane
- Make toggle for the delete entry affect tree-view side pane too
- Pathbar buttons are now resized on folder rename (#15024)
- Load templates synchronously (Bug #15200)
- delete key in tree-view can delete the user home folder (Bug #15095)
- Hide unneeded context menu entries for folder "Trash" in tree view
- crash after clicking when XDG_SESSION_TYPE isn't set (Bug #15366)
- man page incorrectly suggests '-v' instead of '-V'
- Fix how wallpaper is set on Gnome
- SEGV (11) on USB-flash connection (Bug #13813)
- Fix session startup priority
- Fix queued context menu popup
- Restore right-click drag and drop functionality (Bug #14583)
There's also translation updates for: Albanian, Amharic, Arabic, Asturian, Basque, Belarusian, Bengali, Bulgarian, Catalan, Chinese (China), Chinese (Hong Kong SAR China), Chinese (Taiwan), Croatian, Czech, Danish, Dutch, English (Australia), English (United Kingdom), Esperanto, Estonian, Finnish, French, Galician, German, Greek, Hebrew, Hungarian, Icelandic, Indonesian, Interlingue, Italian,Japanese, Kazakh, Korean, Latvian, Lithuanian, Malay, Norwegian Bokmål, Norwegian Nynorsk, Occitan, Persian (Iran), Polish, Portuguese, Portuguese (Brazil), Punjabi, Romanian, Russian, Serbian, Slovak, Slovenian, Spanish, Swedish, Telugu, Thai, Turkish, Urdu, Urdu (Pakistan), Uyghur, Vietnamese
The Xfce developers are looking for volunteers to test the upcoming Xfce 4.14 release. You can read more about that on the xfce-test github page.
The new Thunar version can be downloaded from https://archive.xfce.org/src/xfce/thunar/1.8/
Thunar's homepage is at https://docs.xfce.org/xfce/thunar/start