Second Mesa 19.1.0 release candidate is now available with Radeon and Intel fixes and two bugs blocking a final release
Mesa 19.1.0 is scheduled to be released at the end of May but this could be delayed due to regressions shown by the piglit and cts-runner tests used to determine if there are bigger regressions in new code.
The blocker bugs are:
- #110302 - [bisected][regression] piglit egl-create-pbuffer-surface and egl-gl-colorspace regressions
- #110357 - [REGRESSION] [BISECTED] [OpenGL CTS] cts-runner --type=gl46 fails in new attempted "41" configuration
There are also many improvements, specially for users of Intel and AMD hardware, since the release of Mesa 19.1.0 RC1. These are:
- radv: Do not use extra descriptor space for the 3rd plane.
- anv: Fix limits when VK_EXT_descriptor_indexing is used
- kmsro: add _dri.so to two of the kmsro drivers.
- meson: Force the use of config-tool for llvm
- travis: fix syntax, and drop unused stuff
- softpipe/buffer: load only as many components as the the buffer resource type provides
- radv: clear vertex bindings while resetting command buffer
- i965: Fix BRW_MEMZONE_LOW_4G heap size.
- i965: Force VMA alignment to be a multiple of the page size.
- i965: leave the top 4Gb of the high heap VMA unused
- i965: Fix memory leaks in brw_upload_cs_work_groups_surface().
- iris: Use full ways for L3 cache setup on Icelake.
- winsys/amdgpu: add VCN JPEG to no user fence group
- anv: rework queries writes to ensure ordering memory writes
- anv: fix use after free
- anv: Use corresponding type from the vector allocation
- vulkan/overlay: keep allocating draw data until it can be reused
- st/mesa: fix 2 crashes in st_tgsi_lower_yuv
- freedreno/ir3: fix rasterflat/glxgears
- radv: fix setting the number of rectangles when it's dyanmic
- Revert "glx: Fix synthetic error generation in __glXSendError"
- panfrost: Fix two uninitialized accesses in compiler
- panfrost: Only take the fast paths on buffers aligned to block size
last edited 2019-05-15
Latest news headlines
- Dozens Of High Profile Twitter Accounts Owned And Used For Bitcoin Scam: "Tough day" For Twitter
- Apple Recommend Not Covering Your Laptops Webcam, Claims It Can Damage Hardware
- The New Wine Vulkan Backend For DirectX 9-11 Is Coming Along Nicely
- The Debian Project Wants You To Tell Them If And Why You Are Using Debian LTS Versions
- SuperTuxKart git20200711 Snapshot Is Released For Android, Linux, and Windows
- Counter-Strike: Global Offensive Has A New Anti-Cheat Trusted Mode
- Linus Torvalds: AVX512 Is "A Hot Mess" "I hope AVX512 dies a painful death"
- Linus Torvalds Has Merged Inclusive-Terminology Rules Into The Linux Kernel Git Tree
- Xfce Classic Brings An Alternative To Those Who Do Not Want Xfce To Become GNOME Light
See the more archive for news headlines