GOOGLE ENGINEER BLOWS WHISTLE: "Are we going to just let the biggest tech companies decide who wins every election from now on?"
Project Veritas has made another expose on Google's censorship and bias. A Senior Google Engineer is on camera stating that big tech is "dangerous" and "taking sides". The US congress recently held hearings on Google's search engine bias and censorship where Google executives assured the US congress that there is no such thing. Google engineer Greg Coppola thinks otherwise.
"I look at search and I look at Google News and I see what it’s doing and I see Google executives go to Congress and say that it’s not manipulated. It’s not political. And I’m just so sure that’s not true."
"Well I think we’re just at a really important point in human history. I think for a while we had tech that was politically neutral. Now we have tech that really, first of all is taking sides in a political contest, which I think, you know, anytime you have big corporate power merging with political parties can be dangerous. And I think more generally we have to just decide now that we kind of are seeing tech use its power to manipulate people. It’s a time to decide, you know, do we run the technology, does the technology run us?”"
published 2019-07-24 - last edited 2019-07-24
Latest News Headlines
- Fedora 31 is branched: Here are the high-lights in the next Fedora version
- Creating Worms exploiting Windows Remote Desktop Vulnerabilities knock on port 3389
- Happy Birthday Debian
- AMD finally submits kernel patch for broken RDRAND on older AMD APUs
- Tor Snowflake launched as a censorship countermeasure for the The Onion Router network
- Treasure-trove of internal Google documents showing censorship and bias leaked by insider
- Linux Kernel 5.3-rc4 released
- Xfce 4.14 Released
- Xfce Image Viewer Ristretto 0.10.0 released
See the more archive for news headlines