Ubuntu version 20.04 from April of 2020 codenamed "focal fossa" referring to cryptoprocta ferox, as the Latin name goes. A fossa is a cat-like creature from Madagascar. fun fact: The generic name crypto procta refers to how the animal's anus is hidden by its anal pouch, from the Ancient Greek words crypto- "hidden", and procta "anus".
written by Ff. published 2020-04-02 - last edited 2020-04-28
The workstation .ISO can be installed with ZFS as the / filesystem. Other distros than Ubu are reluctant to adopt ZFS for fear of legal ramifications, which is credible considering what they do with Snowden and Assange.
By supporting ZFS, Ubuntu, which for years was considered a lamer distro, is starting to kick serious l33t butt again, or shall we say "procta"...
- Total War: SHOGUN 2 Is Being Given Away For Free On Steam Until May 1st
- Chromium 81 Is Released With Many Security Fixes And Mostly Working Vulkan Rendering Support
- Qt Could Go Proprietary, KDE Relationship And Qt-Based Free Software In Jeopardy
- The Secret Chronicles of Dr. M 2.1.0 RC1 Is Released
- Linux 5.6.2 Is Released With Intel Wifi Fix
- GNOME And KDE Are Merging To KNOME - The Next Generation Linux Desktop Environment
- Second Mini Album "Dear My Color" From Korean Pop Sensation 보라미유 (Boramiyu) Is Released And It Is Wonderful
- Wine 5.5 Brings Bux Fixes For Beat Hazard 2, iTunes, How To Survive And More